Thread: Brisbane landbased

Brisbane landbased

Hey guys,

A friend and I have done a bit of bass fishing around the place and are interested in finding some dams where it's possible to walk along the banks and cast for bass. Just wondering which dams within about an hours drive of brissy are options for this. We've tried hinze once but with limited success but now armed with a few jackalls we're feeling a bit more confident. Obviously we won't be able to fish the whole dam landbased but just a place where we can cover a good amount of territory on foot would be very useful.

Cheers, Serge

Re: Brisbane landbased

hey serge, bank walking was my plan for wivenhoe. I spent wednesday and thursday at camp logan, but i couldnt fish many places because of closures for backburning. Thursday before all the rain, i was able to walk east past lumleys hill to a spot where there is some deep water, some cliff faces to about 10 maybe 15 foot, the old river bed is here and i think its about 25 foot deep in places. I'm not sure whether that figure comes from current water level or when the dam is full. I fished from about 3pm till 5pm using a variety of diving and surface lures but with no luck. It would take maybe 45mins to walk the water line or maybe 20-30 overland. I took the overland route back because i knew where camp was but followed the water line nearly all the way there to locate it. You could walk further to the platypus cliffs but that would be a hell of a hike. The information centre sells an AFN wax map that shows these spots for $5, although its not the best road map. Good luck!
    simon

The ocean is the ultimate solution - Frank Zappa

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq9/slyman71/

Thanks for that Slyman.

Does anyone else have any info about some other dams we could do landbased? We're keen to go around to a few different dams in the next few weeks.

Serge

try north pine

we had a great land based session recently in the reach between Sommerset and Wyvanhoe.
    Good times.
    get there early.
    The fish went off the bite middle morning.
    There are some pics in the link.

http://www.brisbaneriverclassic.com/...=2913&catid=10