Thread: Lake Tinaroo Qld

Lake Tinaroo Qld

Gidday Fellas

I am new to the site and I am moving to Yungaburra FNQ near Lake Tinaroo, never fished for Barra before has anyone any
    tips or can point me in the right direction up there for advicde.

Tom

Re: Lake Tinaroo Qld

Tom,

Here is a link to a similar question I asked.

Tinaroo Trimuph is the guy to ask (the guru of the area)

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1144110817

Cheers,
    Fez

G'day Tom,

That link that Fez supplied is abit out of date, but there is some info there to work with. If your after some better info (should I say current) info, send me through a PM or email and I will gladly get back to you mate.

Good to see yet another bloke moving to the Tablelands .

Cheers

TT
    TT

Sure is a nice spot,Yungaburra is a realy nice little town.Must be freezing up there at the moment Tinaroo Triumph.

Sure is Major. Last 4 nights going well below zero. Spent the weekend at Bramston beach - just aswell I did, last night went -4 where we live!. Expecting another chilly one tonight... don't be suprised to hear Herberton or Wondecla on the news/Weather report in the next few nights for a special mention for a moderate frost.

TT
    TT

Just for the record, last night was -5, and at my mates house it reached -7! Kid you not. Tonight is looking much the same, hopefully some cloud comes over some time tonight/early tomorrow morning. Tinaroo apparently hasnt even seen below 5 degrees this winter, which is a blessing for the fish.

TT
    TT

Yeah sure is cold especially in the middle of the night, was lure casting at 3 am last week and caught an average tinaroo barra of 103 cm which smashed my bomber. Anyone got any good bank spots?
    Cheers HJ

Good bank spots... im biting my tongue and tarzan gripping my mouth on that one mate .

Mate that sounds like a great catch of yours, was it from the bank or what? Any pics?. Cheers.

TT
    TT

I have got a pic but it is the crappest pic ever in every way but i'll still put it up. Yeah i caught it from bank. Haha i think the barra are at most spots along the bank but there would have to be areas that are better than others... Cheers HJ

Mate, what an effort from the bank. Good signs for all of you that dont have a boat... these fish are looking for the shallow territory, so fishing from the bank could be productive. These cold nights are going to be around for a little while longer yet, so if your in the mood to land a big barra, and a dose of hypothermia, then off ya go . Definetely worth it though. Well done again HJ. And dont worry too much, Ive had pics taken of me twice as bad as that .

I might just drop a small clue as to where there are some good barra spots are from the bank. In one word.... South. Go figure...

TT
    TT