Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Awoonga Fitness Club

Re: Lake Awoonga Fitness Club

I think it's totally rooted!!! >

There is a perfectly good ramp and parking area sitting there going to waste!!!!!!! > >

Wat is wrong with the people running this show!!

Why don't they make it the people staying in the caravan park can use the Kalinga cafe ramp and the overly steep ramp down the other end is for visitors.

The most popular ramp in Queensland not only is over used but has the most inadequate parking area beside it.

Who's making all the money from this fishin? Maybe they should pay for it!!!!

I'm going there soon and all I can say is thank god I'm not the driver.

Macca

The other reason that they should open the ramp at Kalinda is for a safety factor.
    A lot of the boats that are launched by the tourists are only small tinnies. Dual ramps would enhance the safety aspect of getting off the dam when it blows up.
    Have been caught at the ramp when a large fibreglass boat lost it winch clip and had to go all the way to top of ramp to get another one. His trailer and boat were sideways across the ramp and would not move.
    Meanwhile six boats had waves breaking over them waiting to get ashore.
    If the boat ramps were open, it gives another option also agree it should be available for all users of caravan park.
    With no disabled facilities at the dam it is silly that the ramp is not signposted for at least their use.
    Suggesting that all visitors/locals should know that the ranger will open it up for disabled is the old ostrich factor and believe that the management of GAWB and Caravan park should get their act into gear.
    Someone is going to get badly injured due the layout of the current ramp and then watch them duck for cover.
    I have contacted GAWB and really they aren't that interested and just tend to give you a few words of advice of what you can personnally do but are not interested in looking and the overall setup and solving the problem
    Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Ally_Jack

a pocket bike is the go....ride down after parking the car, won't take up much room in the boat

scott_b

Gday Trev
    Planning to go up for some exercise in november !! ,looking forward to it.
    I havn't forgotten those lures , the mate is trying to get all his orders up to date but they are coming.
    wamjam

At least when the wall gets raised it will be a bit less walking.