Thread: Accomodation at Lake Awoonga.

Obi___Wan

Accomodation at Lake Awoonga.

I can remember reading a thread in these pages re the problems with booking accomodation at the park, Cop this one!

A mate from down south decided that they would go to Awoonga this Spring/Summer instead of Faust because of the distance.

He booked a cabin near the lake, paid a deposit, received a reciept. When i heard this i said to him you had better keep checking on your booking as i have read a lot threads on Ausfish relating to booking problems.

He checked and was told, yes its OK we have you in he book, he then told me his booking was OK and i said to him that he had better keep checking as i seemed to recall this had also happened to others.

I spoke to him today and he told me that he had rung the park again on Friday and was told no theres nothing, when he said that he had a reciept he was told OH THAT CABIN HAS NOT BEEN BUILT YET. >

I ask what have you got to do?

Thats why i drive past the place and head straight to Peter Faust, no problems there!

May The Fish Be With You.
    John.

Re: Accomodation at Lake Awoonga.

Well that is what happens at Awoonga Caravan Park.
    Look up under Camping under this Ausfish site.
    You will find lots of comments.
    I suppose that reinforces the comments that I have made on Ausfish over the last couple of months.

Personally I am going to Monduran that saves on the drive being south of Awoonga. Also a better management with cleaner facilities.

Although it must be said that the rumour of new owners might bring a change to the management style of the Park.

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Obi___Wan

G'Day Trev,

I am still trying to find my way around this site, much better at poking around the sticks in big impoundments looking for the mighty ones.

Called in there on the way back from Faust in March, running away from that cyclone that eventually wrecked Innisfail, couldn't believe it, the camping area was packed in like sardines, when we drove up along the road towards the ramp the tents were pitched right on the side of the road, scarey stuff, could imagine sleeping campers being creamed by cars travelling the road. Got to the ramp, 60 to 70 boat trailers and total mayhem.

Have been to Monduran, last November in fact, had a booking problem there unfortunately, 6 of us had the holiday house booked for three days it was given to someone else, i won't say who, but it all ended up OK as we were given one of the cabins with air con.

Monduran itself looks very good (44% capacity) and is a little daunting at first until you get to know where things are, there is certainly a lot of very good looking water there.

As it is only 4 hours not 13 like Faust i will be visiting Monduran a lot more.

Cheers,
    John.

Last Trip visited Monduran, Awoonga (Twice- bugger for punishment problems both times, Temburr, Kinchant and Proserpine. Then the Cyclones stopped us.

Found all the dams fantastic, each has own unique footprint, but the standout for sheer pleasure was Monduran.
    Granted that Awoonga has big barra and a lot of them, but you have to put up with a lot at the park and at the ramp.

Peter Faust had the biggest barra but the winds and the low water and problems with ramp didn't help.

Rating them on camping, facilities and enjoyment then Monduran First, Peter Faust Second, Teemburra third, Awoonga Fourth and Kinchant last.
    Kinchant last because it is only a pump in out of the river impoundment and Caravan Park has more problems than Awoonga (Out of the ARK).

Heard there were some problems with Cabins at Monduran, but the Caravan Park itself is the best that we have stayed out while fishing over the years. Would rate a 8 or 9 out of 10.

Also the staff are very helpful and courteous which does make life a bit easier.

Monduran for me, This trip and when Awoonga improves its camping facilities then will try again.
    Don't like the sandfly at Bernarby, already live at the beach and like the change to the freshwater impoundments.

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.