Thread: help me with yellowbelly

grenadier

help me with yellowbelly

i am heading west to fish such rivers as the barcoo and coopers creek can anyone give me some pointers on how i would best catch a yellowbelly (besides someone throwing one at me hehehe) i will be fishing from the banks not taking a boat just going to camp beside rivers if possible so i would love some tips on fishing at night out there as well i have been told just set lines at night with worms and check them every now and again

Re: help me with yellowbelly

We used to stick a little fish trap in and catch a few prawns.
    Then just jig them up and down.
    Never caught heaps (usually a feed), but it wiled away the time between hunting forays

cheers,
    Owen
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

try using some freshwater crayfish for bait, best fished whole, use a long shanked hook. put the hook in from the tail and bring it out where the tail joins the body.

cast in up stream from a snag or under a tree during the day, and you can try fising on the sand bars on the inside of bend in the river at night.

Seahawk, give the live bait a go - shrimps etc even crickets, grubs.
    If the Barcoo hasn't run for a while which is probably the case at this time of year try a few spinners eg celtics. Red/Black combinations are the best. Do a cast to the opposite bank and do a medium retrieve. If they are on - you will get more this way then on bait.
    Watch the bag limits.
    Regards
    Sav

hope u catch a few good old worms cheers