Thread: fishing hinze dam on foot?

fishing hinze dam on foot?

has anyone fished hinze dam on foot with any sucess. im thinking about soemthing different this weekend so any tips would be greatly appreciated. cheers al

Re: fishing hinze dam on foot?

bigal here is a good tip for ya its worth spending the extra money on fuel an making your way up to north pine dam.the bass fishing there is un real.you got a very good chanceof geeting 50 + bass there on a regular basis.had many a good session there pb55 to the fork casting of the bank with a spinner bait. just for the record me and a mate fish-gutz got 16 bass between 48cm 55cm that after noon what a session

i have tried hinze a couple of times with out success - so id like to know if anyone has had any luck form the shore also - i have tried from around the boat ramp on the west and east sides ........

Hey Al,

Fished from the bank a bit in the Hinze. Tuff going now the Dam is full. Much better when the water level is lower and you don't have to walk through the grass and cast over the sh#t. As there quite a lot of snakes around, have already seen a few!!!
    If you don't mind a mission and walking through very high and constant grass try the back of the Dam from any of the fire-brakes on the western Arm, coming off the road there. Or charge down one of the many gullies. Or if you won't something a bit easier try at the Dam wall. Have scored a few Bass this season and nearly a Toga!!

Cheers Matt

hrmm did the trip and got bored with the toga. landed six in a short session around 30cm on small surface popers. no bass as yes. dont spose ya know how to get across the other ramp on the oppasite bank from the main western ramp? saw two 4x4's down there and wanted to get across

did you really get bored with the togas???
    which area were you fishing and what time?
    Cheers,

Ben

canoe_bandit

Fish the Hinze a few times late arvo untill half hour afterdark with small surface lures. the sizes of the bass isnt as good as north pine but there still good fun and normaly get a few with enough good sesions to keep you going back

by the way you get to the other ramp by driving straight over there,
    cross the wall, and turn right at the roundabout where the shop is.
    follow it over to the ramp
    Cheers,

Ben

I've never been to the Hinz dam before, but I just found this news article about mercury in Australian Bass from this dam..

http://www.gcbulletin.com.au/article...1616_news.html

Probably something to be aware of if you have kids or is pregnant..

tim_becker

i used to go up the dam after work sometimes got bait from aquarium shop on way out used to sit on the western ramp throw out a line and have a beer went out 3 times before i got a bass but always caught somthing eels r a bugger but it was worth it. got pb bass to date at 46cm on live shrimp. never got any thing on lures from bank though.

did you ever catch any yellas NOjacks or just bass and eels
    Cheers,

Ben