Thread: Revheads

Revheads

I apologise if this topic has already done the rounds.

I was wandering around a tackleshop the other day stocking up on SP's and jigheads. I noticed the jigheads that have a small willow blade attached as well (pretty sure they're called Revheads).

I was wondering if anyone uses these with much success, particularly for bass?

Cheers

Woody

Re: Revheads

Hey Woody,
    Revheads are made by TT lures and are good stuff but for bass I use ponyheads that have a brass willow blade that swings a bit looser than the revs. Secret Creek lures have been making them to my specs for a while now so they are the same as the ones I make and used in Wild River Bass DVD.
    I can tell you the bass love them with a 2" soft plastic grub on the hook.

Seamo

P.S. 1/8oz are the best weight for rivers.

interesting,might be the way to wean me off hardbodies onto to those rubberry things,tried a couple of times wasnt convinced that they worked better,but now i will give em another go.cheers alex

Quote Originally Posted by Seamo
    Hey Woody,
    Revheads are made by TT lures and are good stuff but for bass I use ponyheads that have a brass willow blade that swings a bit looser than the revs. Secret Creek lures have been making them to my specs for a while now so they are the same as the ones I make and used in Wild River Bass DVD.
    I can tell you the bass love them with a 2" soft plastic grub on the hook.

Seamo

P.S. 1/8oz are the best weight for rivers.
    Hey Seamo,
    Watched the wild river bass dvd the other day, awesome stuff, love the surface strikes!
    as I was watching I was thinking "Hmm, never seen or heard of these 'pony heads' any clues as to where I can get some? I"m based in Esk, so mail order is best for me. But I do visit Bris vegas regularly.
    cheers, Karl.

Thanks Seamo,

Will keep my eye out for them.

Cheers
    Woody

Hey Karl,
    Mo Tackle should have them, they do business with Secret Creek. Or emails Mick at Secret Creek (Secretcreek.com.au)

Cheers Seamo

P.S. I just remebered theat Australian Bass Angler at Penrith have them and they do MO. They put the ponyhead in when I did the bass seminar in the shop.

Cool, thanks mate, I'll check out MO Tackle and if that fails I'll look up Penrith

mitch_05

the blokes on AFC yesterday had a couple of them rigged up for the bass.

I have used them with success at Lake Macdonald and Bjekle Peterson on the bass. I usually rig them with a squidgy wriggler, silver with hot pink tail seems to work best. Hold on tight cause they seem to really smash them.

i have done better on the beetle spin arms that attach to the jighead, the revheads seem to track through the water funny

I have used revheads for about three years at Lake Macdonald & found that they are at best slow rolled along the face of weed beds or down deep over the contours. Found that the silver blades are best in clear water & gold blades in dirty water.
    Hope this info helps.

PETE MATE