Thread: >.<

>.<

Went to Hinze dam yesterday and caught nothing....

arrive at 8am and went home at around 7pm...spend about 6 hours walking around looking for fishing spot lol nice excersice thou

Re: >.<

That's fishin for ya huh.. sad as it is true..

tim_becker

i was out there on sun 4 of us trolled for 5 hours for one 40cm bass taken on a slider grub cast at the bank after a quick swim took it on the drop was quite a rush after 4hour of nothing. the barometer was quite low but goes to show how much diferance it can make

cheers tim

guys i fished hinze sunday morning for 8 bass in a couple of hours,

i think your main problem is the time of day,
    I arrive at 4.30 and find that as soon as the sun comes up and gets hot,
    ie: around 8-8.30 it gets tough. i left the dam at 9

the other thing with hinze is that is very hard to fish without a boat,
    i only use a kayak but it enables me to cover a hell of a lot of ground.
    in my experience there are a lot more fish away from the accessible areas.

Cheers,

Ben

well im too poor to buy a boat

any other good dam that i could find good fishing on foot?

Quote Originally Posted by NOjacks
    i was out there on sun 4 of us trolled for 5 hours for one 40cm bass taken on a slider grub cast at the bank after a quick swim took it on the drop was quite a rush after 4hour of nothing. the barometer was quite low but goes to show how much diferance it can make

cheers tim
    If I was a fish I wouldn't have come near ya either, not covered in chicken pox anyhow!!!

mate you will catch fish at hinze on foot but try using live shrimp in deep areas,
    up near the wall is a good spot on the western side, get as close as you can to the wall and use live shrimp at 5am. that will catch you fish but if you really want to get amongst it get yourself a $500 sit on top kayak,

that way you can fish all the dams
    Cheers,

Ben

other than that North Pine fishes well from the banks mate,
    although i havent fished there myself, ive seen the hundreds of recent reports in the reports section.

good luck mate
    Cheers,

Ben

go the north pine dam spinnerbaits lipless crank baits cant go wrong that dam has been stocked for ass long as i can rembar.big bass just look at north pine going of in fresh water reports a good place to go and try and get in the 50 club