Thread: BBQ recipes

BBQ recipes

Monday lunch I am having some friends over for a BBQ, What is the best way to cook Snapper fillets on a BBQ?....Times as well please as I have never cooked Fish on a BBQ. Thank y7ou, Sean

Ausfish Addict

Re: BBQ recipes

I usually do the following in a cast iron pan, however works just as well on the bbq. Olive oil with some garlic on the plate, ( medium heat, cook slow ) once seasoned melt some butter and add lemon juice, Lightly dust the fillet with flour, cook the fillet flesh down first. Depends on the thickness of the fillet as to how long to cook. Around 3 to 4 mins per side, i like to get a nice brown crust on the flesh. add lemon juice to the fish as its cooking, helps to prevent it drying out. Also if you have a hood on the bbq, close it for a few minutes as well, helps to retain the moisture. Yummy, did a heap of mack fillets last weekend not one complaint. hope this helps
    cheers
    Joe

ronnieandbill

I like to do them in 2 layers of foil. Firstly lightly spray shiny side of foil with oil. Put fillet in then sprinkle lightly with pepper, salt and lightly squeeze over some lime or lemon juice.
    Seal and put on barbie for about 10mins. The other alternative is add some fresh herbs like a small bit of thyme, parsley, a basil leaf, seal and cook. You can really add anything you like- sweet chili, ginger- depends on your taste buds.
    For me the best way is do them is whole- make up a stuffing with breadcrumbs, ginger, diced tomato, salt, pepper, worcester sauce,onion, a splash of barbie and tomato sauce, bit of thyme- wrap it up in a couple of layers of foil and chuck on barbie.
    Ronnie

Best way ;

Thin fillets with skin on,
    Bit of plain oil mixed with a few drops of sesame oil,
    Skin side down, then put a lid over (frypan lid, upside down baking dish),
    Let skin crisp and flesh steam, don't turn.
    Lift onto plate and spoon over dipping sauce made from a little Teryaki, Soy, Chilli, sesame oil, spring onions and Charsui sauce.