Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to prepare Morwong for the table???

How to prepare Morwong for the table???

Hi all,

Anybody got any idea on How to prepare Morwong for the table. Caught one 2 days ago about 3kg.

Thanks

Re: How to prepare Morwong for the table???

don't know.. usually give them away

Yeah not the best table fish BUT provided you bleed and ice them straight away they are ok and I skin them as well.

Some say freezing them helps.

Cheers
    James

just fillet as normal and cook in flour or crumbs, they are Ok to eat, not as bad as every one makes out, most people have never eaten them as they just listen to others who say 'give em away"

I am considering a fish soup but I like the idea of temura as well

I mean Tempura

themisses

They are yumm. Simmer in small frypan or ovenbake in foil with coconut cream and mango slices, can put in a whole chilli and fresh kaffir lime leaf for flavour(Take out before serving) Then serve with brown rice and steamed veg. Saw it on Maclom Douglas show, it is now one of our favorite ways to do fish. Cheers Kim.

prepare Morwong for the table

= give it to ur mother-in-law

Mince it up, freeze, and use for burley next trip, snapper love it
    The old slatey bream, (morwong)is one of those fish that varry in taste depending on what they have been feeding on. Ive eaten plenty of them and some have been reasonable and others down right terriable.
    Each to his own, but id drown it in other flavours as "the missus" has stated.
    Even just cooked up basic with flower and straight into the fry pan its goto be better then some or most of the imported crap...

hussy

cut the table into small peices before boiling, when soft ,throw mowong away and eat table.

hubby

Lifestyle

Mate wrap the in alum. foil a bit of butter lemmon and straight on the bbq. Its easy and locks in the flavour.

Commodore

1 part keen curry powder, 2 part flour, cut MILF into 2inch bits and place in freezer bag with flour, shake, place into hot pan(oil), 1 minute each side or until golden, taste pretty good and I use this with some trev’s and alike makes good chewing. And like the fox says, 100% better than imported, s%#$ eating cat fish.
    Cheers,
    Chong

Ok

A few styles to consider.

Feedback coming soon. If mother-in-law never lived in Japan I could have probably sent some to her.

hey a Mowong is NOT a slatey Bream, if you live in the Southern areas, they are a completely different thing and are quite good eating, so, krazy kev are you referring to a Mowong or a Slatey bream??

I actually think I am talking about Slatey Bream. Blueish grey skin with thick lips.