Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Potatoes

Potatoes

K, we always going to get plenty of fish recipes on this site, how about we hear how about you do your spuds. They are probably the most used vegie and there are lots of ways to cook em.

My Favourite:

Whole baby(new) taters - smaller the better
    Boil em for about 15mins you want em cooked but don't want the skin coming off.
    Drain all the water you can.
    While still in saucepan coat em in Light Olive oil
    Then sprinkle with Tuscan Seasoning, Cracked Pepper & Sea Salt.
    Ready to Serve!

Alternative: If you want to, you can take em out of water at 10 mins, season and finish off on bbq, put em on skewers and give them a nice little charring.

Cheers

themisses

Re: Potatoes

Mash them and add a splash of macadamia oil and whole grain mustard and salt (can also add sour cream if a bit too dry). Yumm!!

Boil whole new potatoes, put on baking tray, press in from the top with the handle of a spoon to crush open the top, dribble some olive oil over and in the spud and back in the oven until a little crispy on top. Garlic oil is nice as well.

ronnieandbill

Hi All

My recipe: 6 to 8 medium large spuds. Wash them or buy washed ones. Cut the lid off about 1/4 the way down. Scoop out middle with a teaspoon. Put some bacon pieces in them. Break an egg over top. Put the lid back on. Wrap them tightly in foil and the best thing to do is chuck them in the fire for about twenty. If not bake them in oven for about an hour. Take out and serve topped with sour cream.
    yummo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
    Ronnie

Scott_Thunder

wash whole potato . spear with fork rub light olive over spud. cook in micro for about 8 mins per spud. cut open spud fill with cooked bacon onion a bitm of butter and a dash of garlic and salt and pepper. can add sour cream too mmmmm

new pink eye spud with skin, lightly cooked so its heated through but still crisp. Slice thin. Lay over plate with some dobs of butter, now place a fillet of steamed fish on the spud.
    enjoy
    cheers
    blaze

DNO40

Some excellent spud recipies there guys.... I'm off to cook some. It is the most used and most versatile of the vegetables.

DNO

For the humble mashed spud I add
    Some whole egg mayonaise and some chopped capers
    or
    Diced capsicum & shallots
    and butter of course

cheers,
    Owen
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Mics Mash

Boil 6-8 large spuds until they slide off knife when stuck. Drain water. Mash with approx 100g of butter and enough REAL milk to get them fluffy and moist. Add salt and pepper to taste. Return to very low heat (just enough to steam slightly). Chop up 4 eschallots roughly and stir through the mash. And for the secret ADD 4 TABLESPOONS OF GOOD HONEY AND MIX THROUGH BEFORE SERVING.
    Good stuff

Cheers

Mic

mash potatoes stir through some cooked sliced finely cabbage and some cooked chopped bacon you could also fry it up as bubble and squeak yummo

Gorilla_in_Manila

Shayned,

Tried a variation of your little squashed new potatoes the other night.

Boiled them, drained them, squashed them gently with the back of a spoon so they sort of looked like little flattened rissoles, lots of little cracks around the edges. Sprinkled a little salt over them then deep fried them in oil - so just like little round chips.

Oil gets into all the little cracks and gives the exposed potatoe a chip like skin and the potatoe skin itself crisps up and tastes great. I think the salt helped to crisp them up like it does for crackling, and didn't need any more after frying.

As an american aquaintence was once fond of saying,
    "Those suckers were goooooooood!!"

Cheers
    jeff

when traverling put spuds in alfoil lift bonnet put on manifold drive for 1 hour stop get spuds out of foil bit butter salt hook in

truck_hunter

hey lazybugger i seen that getaway reporter ben dark on tv do a similar recipe to that when he used to have tv show of his own can,t remember the name of the show but he used to drive an old white holden statesman deville all over oz he used to take the lid off air cleaner & wrap the food in foil & put lid back on & keep driving to his next destination,seen him once cook an egg on his bonnet!!! cheers mate!!

Best roast spuds for a (dare i say it) campoven?
    Get a tin of Tiny Tatters, drain and place in a plastic bag that you've put some plain flour and lots of salt and pepper in, then toss the lot.

Fry in a little oil till just golden on all sides then place in the camp oven on top of your roast for the last 15 or 20 mins.

No fuss spuds that are always perfectly cooked and pretty

Try mixing some horseradish cream through your mash. Really livens it up. Yumm