Thread: B 52's and Gold bombers and Lazer Pro's

Brett_Finger

B 52's and Gold bombers and Lazer Pro's

For anyone looking to target some tropical and sub/tropical sports fish this summer i can without fear recamond these lures, for this applaction
    in the last mounth my friends and i have taken a huge number of fish on these great lures!!
    anyone wanting to target species such as Jack,Barra,Fingermark ect... need to seriously look at these lures!!
    Hookin, Brett

Re: B 52's and Gold bombers and Lazer Pro's

You could also throw in the revamped Storm Thundersticks & the good ol' Husky Jerks in that lot as well.
    Would be plenty of others around that work well too, but those are a "must have" for any tropical trip in my books.
    The gold bomber is the only lure to have a general fishing style named after it eg.. "went gold bombering for barra around the rocks" must be doing something good. 8)
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Brett_Finger

Mmmmmmmmm Barrra Rocks Mmmmmmmmmmm !!!!!!Bombers.
    Hookin,

I'm glad you mentioned the gold bombers because I just bought one and also a gold stumpjumper. Since its still a bit cool here in Brisbane I've thrown a tree branch in the swimming pool and practicing walking my lures through them. I told the wife a swimming pool wouldn't go to waste not even in winter.Lol Luke

Brett_Finger

Luke,
    Mate the next Gold Stumpy that nails a Huge barra of jack certionaly won't be the last!!
    so many good lures on the market it's eazy to see how i have managed to fill two guide series chocka with them ;
    not to mention a few clear plastic boxes as well
    i keep trying to explain it to the wife but she fails to understand
    Hookin, Brett

luke ,when i was a youngster in canarvon we had a pool that we didn't use so we use to throw all sort of fish into the thing, you'll just have to con the missus into stocking the pool with barra and jacks....
    Those bombers really go off, just have to ask the guides up north like Dave Donald.
    The storm thunder sticks have a really good hard metallic covering that tends not come off that easy .
    Those laser pro 190DD in the chrome pink colour are a really good lure for those Spanish macks, change the hooks to singles for improved hook ups..
    there just too many lures to try and not enough time....

ps do yourself a favour if you haven't already and get yourself one of those yozuri crank n shads....great suspended lure....

Cheers Steve Ooi

fishing FOOD for fishing THOUGHT. I'm heading up north around this time or a bit later next year and I'm definately going to use a guide as last time I was there we got a few tarpon on poppers but nothing else.No local knowledge. Ended up fishing the reef at Dingo Beach and did ok but I was really after a nice barra or jack. I'll put the prementioned lures on my list to buy(one per pay to save arguments) and practicing my fly casting as much as possible also. I reckon I'll save some money by using a guide as you can't beat the old local knowhow, knowwhere, knowwhen and if I'm lucky might even get that barra I'm after. Brett I stand in the tackle shop and it can take me up to 30 mins before I decide on just 1 lure. It's great to have options. Steve what can I say-I'd love to be sitting on the patio wetting a line. That's what dreams are made of.Thanks fellas
    Cheers Luke

I think a fish will just about grab any lure if it is in the right spot at the right time. I have had gold bombers that have had all the paint knocked off of them and they still produce. What about the "harmonics theory".
    Dazza

Your right there Dazza, a lot of the times it’s the right placement that counts and see the hook up. Fishing the strike zone..
    No use on using fizzers/poppers if they are feeding deep, and a lot of the times up here in FNQ ,”if your not snagging up, your not fishing deeper enough in the cover”.
    With out a doubt the harmonics of a lure plays a big role as well. At a distance, sound is the first thing that a fishes sensory organs pick up, compared to closer range lateral line that picks up water movement and extreme low frequencies. With some fish the hearing canals are connected to their air bladder by tiny bones, which helps in amplifying the sound. A lot of fish have good hearing around the 40hz to 400 hz range, while the human ear hears between #20 hz and 20,000 hz.
    Fish have no need for an external opening with their ears , as their body tissue is about the same density as water and the sound waves pass straight through their tissue to their ear.
    It would be interesting to test all the top barra lure and to see what their resonating frequency is in the water and if there are any similarities…

Cheers Steve Ooi 8)

Brett_Hoskin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Ooi
    Your right there Dazza, a lot of the times it’s the right placement that counts and see the hook up. Fishing the strike zone..
    No use on using fizzers/poppers if they are feeding deep, and a lot of the times up here in FNQ ,”if your not snagging up, your not fishing deeper enough in the cover”.
    With out a doubt the harmonics of a lure plays a big role as well. At a distance, sound is the first thing that a fishes sensory organs pick up, compared to closer range lateral line that picks up water movement and extreme low frequencies. With some fish the hearing canals are connected to their air bladder by tiny bones, which helps in amplifying the sound. A lot of fish have good hearing around the 40hz to 400 hz range, while the human ear hears between #20 hz and 20,000 hz.
    Fish have no need for an external opening with their ears , as their body tissue is about the same density as water and the sound waves pass straight through their tissue to their ear.
    It would be interesting to test all the top barra lure and to see what their resonating frequency is in the water and if there are any similarities…

Cheers Steve Ooi 8)
    Now that is a concept open for exploitation.
    Custom tuning of your lures and all that we need is a tuning fork.

Or would we need an oscilloscope , audio recording equipment and a sound proof room..

After thinking about it I think that a manufacturer will pick up on this Idea and charge us more for the lures...

I'm about to give all of these a go in Awonga, but did you notice that the Reidy B52 is actually made in China. The other
    one I've got is the Crystal lures version. They have a very interesting finish.