Thread: Lure Boxes

Lure Boxes

I have had numerous tackle boxes and lures always seem to end up scattered throughout the box. Has anyone any suggestions on what they use. I have been looking at the clear plano boxes.
    Thanks Luke

Jack_Lives_Here

Re: Lure Boxes

Luke,
    I got the dirts on my old lure boxes for the exact same reason.
    I went along to one of the big hardware shops - bloke heaven - and got myself a utility type bits and pieces box - cost me about $20. It's got an opaque top so you can see your lures and dividers so you can adjust the compartment size to suit the lures.
    I got a smaller one at Super Cheap for about $10 but it didn't have the ability to change the compartment size - but perfect for my bream and smaller lures.

2 boxes now hold all my lures

Jack

Luke l've got a plano double sided box(twin Sides)and its been great for me l have lillte lures in the clear outsides and bigger lures under them which arnt seen.Also l rubber band all trebles on each lure together which works a treat.

Cant go wrong with plano and its lifetime warranty

good fishing
    trav

Thanks Jack,
    I'll check that out. I have seen tackle boxes that now have plastic strips on a hinge that click over the lure holders but I'm really looking for a "clear top and lay the lure down setup."
    They sound like they could be the go.
    Cheers Luke.

G'day Luke.
    I've done away with the fold out type tackle boxes and prefer to store all my lures in flat clear boxes and carry them around in a back pack.

All I do when switching from salt to fresh now is change out clear boxes

Cheers, Slates

I have done the same like slates and bought some clear flat containers and I have found this alot better than tackle boxes and you can see what your after rather than looking in bloody boxes!!
    Cheers

The_Walrus

Have to agree with Slades.

Using clear plastic boxes is the best way to go. All you have to do is pick & choose depending on what/when.

Luc

Muz,

Just to confirm slates method, its what I do also.

Except I use a carry bag from plano (can get it from Kmart here for 40 odd bucks).

I have a heap of the clear flat boxes, and have them grouped for different locations and or presentation methods ie casting lures or trolling.

Makes it heaps easy for the differnt things we do. I aslo purchased one of those fishing chairs Kmart sell it can hold two plano thin boxes and some other stuff and has a grovy little stoll to keep my arse dry and clean.

Mate Kmart here in darwin is the best tackle shop no clowns trying to sell ya stuff (I'm scared by some tackle lads sorry)

Any way mate keep fishing and shake a tail dont cut a throat.

Muz

adrian

g'day luke

I use plano guide bags with clear plastic trays one bag for each type of fishing I do . cant have enough lures so now I have to decide where & what I'm going fishing for as to what bags to grab . note : write on the bags or tag them so you know whats in em not smart going mac fishing with bass lures >

Anzac

Brett_Finger

Luke,
    Plano/ Guide series X2,plus to many clesr ones >
    hookin,Brett