Thread: looking for small lures

looking for small lures

Im looking to buy small lures in Adelaide to use in port river magroves from kyak or mud banks
    fishing for tommies bream salmon trout etc
    Every place ive tried so far have lures that are too big or are the fish too small lol
    Had lots of hits on an old prawn i bought 20 yrs ago but it was way too big . lots of gold flashes around it
    any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: looking for small lures

Hey Waterrat,
    I've used some pretty small scorpions by Halco.
    Luke

prawn star jr mate for a prawn immitator, rio do one also me likes the star better...

nilsmaster make an itty bitty invincible(sp?) like under 2inches long.

reidys make a lure called little lucifer thats a corker of a lure nice tight action loud rattle and all the pretty colours we anglers like.

micro mullets do good for other anglers but myself (I dont fish them with confidence so they dont work simple for me that is)

can you throw a fly? if so clowsers my man they kick it! yep light green over white is a wee rippa of a fly.

reckon the nils master lure might be the go in a bleeder mullet or rainbow trout.

Muz

Depending on how small you want to go, I have confidence in the Micro Mullets, or Mini Micro Mullets. The little Halco's are good too. There are some small imported lures available as well, but I prefer the Aussie ones. Rio's Shrimp Flies work well on a spinning rod with a bit of split shot. If all else fails, move to Queensland.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

I couldn't remember the name before but its RMG Scorpion 35 STD dives to a metre and barely an inch long if you've got the gear to cast something so light. I've got bass on it and a lizard in the shallows.

Hi Waterrat,

The nymph from SK lures is an exceptional lure for this type of fishing have captured bream, flathead and trout, only around the 35cm long comes in various colours if interested shoot me an email bomber@ausfish.com.au

Regards,

THE BOMBER

Hi Waterrat,

The nymph from SK lures is an exceptional lure for this type of fishing have captured bream, flathead and trout, only around the 35cm long comes in various colours if interested shoot me an email bomber@ausfish.com.au

Regards,

THE BOMBER

Thanks guys will go looking again
    Usually only fish with bait for KG whiting etc

If you want small lures, give the plastics a go atleast if they don't work for you you haven't blown alot of cash. How ever i doubt you can go wrong if you persist and refine the technique.

Cheers

Simon.

i have to agree with Simon.
    i went out today with a rio prawn Junior.. it might be called.
    it's only 5 grams. and about 4cm long..

technique is everything. and using these lures it takes practice. try fishing where u can see threw the water.

i saw lots of flashing around this lure and actually got a small fish that i lost, also got other hits.

but you have to get the technique right.

Thanks again guys am taking my youngest fishing tomorrow
    will drop a bait and while i wait i will try a lure again
    thanks again will let u guys know how i go