Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunglasses?

Sunglasses?

Am curious who wears what brand of sunnies & why ???
    I personally wear Legend polarised glasses for the simple fact that A- they work OK & B- they are the most comfortable brand I've found for my head. 8)
    Obviously other factors such as price & quality etc will be part of most equations.
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Re: Sunglasses?

I wear glasses already so would be interested in what people have found good for them. I have looked at clip-
    ons and those horrible things that you wear over the top of your glasses. Does anyone know what is good.

Derek ???

8) i have tried clip on's they work in a fassion but best two opion's are preciption sun glasses or transion glasses witch darken or lighten depending on sun and glair

reguareds pop

Hi guys,
    Unfortunately, I too failed to take my Mum's advice, and now require glasses at all times. The last time I had a prescription filled at OPSM, they had a special deal with a second pair for half price. I chose polarized lenses, fitted to a pair of Mako frames that were on special. All up cost was $145.00, and was the best money I've spent on glasses in my life.
    Check out your local OPSM or equivilent, you may be surprised at the deal they will do.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

I won a pair of 'Rev' polarised sunglasses in a fishing comp and are terrific, haven't stopped wearing em since. #Even my son-in-law fell in love with them and I had to buy him a pair for his birthday. #Weren't cheap - but worth every cent.

I bought a $12.95 pair at a service station in Beenleigh. They claim to be polarised and almost turn night into to day. However, on the water they come into their own when boating into the sun. I now see the channel markers and my deckie relaxes and rigs up on the trip out. Problem is that when I have them on for a while I have to take them off every now and then to check out what the real world looks like.TEXT

Doh - that last one should have said "day into night"

fishbox

I have had dozens of sunnies over the years from el cheapo to ray-bans and have found Mako to be the best by a mile. They are polarlised and don't make the water look yellow or any other weird colour. They cut out nearly all the reflected glare from the water or anything else shinny. They have polycarbonate frames and are still comfortable after a full days fishing. I have used them for the past 2 years and highly recommend them. They arn't cheap ($120-$180) but think they are worth every cent. (just don,t lose them over the side, like I have, Twice. I now use a strap that fits over the arms).
    Tight lines
    Fishbox

george

8)I just use the Bolle, the ones you see Mick Hall in the FWF
    wearing, good value but now I also got glasses to find the hook eye with the line, without the clip on, these are
    held by magnets and seem pretty good. Go the bolle, You
    trendy blolke, really set off well with the flanette shirt

cheers

george

Quote Originally Posted by george
    8)I just use the Bolle, the ones you see Mick Hall in the FWF
    wearing, good value but now I also got glasses to find the hook eye with the line, without the clip on, these are
    held by magnets and seem pretty good. Go the bolle, You
    trendy blolke, really set off well with the flanette shirt

cheers

george
    Fancy meeting you here George!!! Thought you would`nt surface anywhere else!!
    Get your butt and your Bolle`s up here to sunny QLD where you can give both a good working out!!
    Regards, Randall.

8) 8) 8) Hey Fitzy, I'd have to agree with Fishbox on his thoughts about the Makos. I bought mine 2 tax cheques ago, discounted down from $180 to $99 @ Amart (I actually bought a pair for the missus as well) and they're the most comfortable pair of sunnies I've come across, not to mention their performance capabilities.

Cheers ....Zorba. 8) 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba
    8) 8) 8) Hey Fitzy, I'd have to agree with Fishbox on his thoughts about the Makos. I bought mine 2 tax cheques ago, discounted down from $180 to $99 @ Amart (I actually bought a pair for the missus as well) and they're the most comfortable pair of sunnies I've come across, not to mention their performance capabilities.

Cheers ....Zorba. 8) 8)
    Christ,
    Only just noticed the add at the top of the main page for Stalker Sunnies. Steve'll have me guts for garters for this.
    Mate I honestly haven't tried the Makos, nor the Stalkers for that matter, tried a few brands & stopped when I hit the Legends. Haven't had sore ears or head since & I'm on my 4th set now. 8)
    Thanks for a great time at Straddie mate. Owe ya one for the roof etc.

Cheers,

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

G'day Fitzy.
    Without trying to risk your intestines being devoured by large snappin handbags, my assesment follows: 8)

I've used the cheapies for yonks, simply becuase I used to scratch or lose them all the time.

I've since invested in a strap that goes around your head and haven' lost a pair since!

I reckon a lot has to do with personal preference too. Some people don't like the amber color offered by some sunny-makers and others, like myself, love it!

I've tried Glarefoil (cheapies), Mako, Bolle, Stalkers, Oakley and Spotters polarizers and chose Spotters because they offered what I wanted (amber lens, glass, photochromic and tough as heck/scratch resistant).

Cheers, Slates

I wear regular glasses too and the best fishing glasses i use are called fitovers. And they fit over your regular glasses. They can be found on the web or try fishingworks.com. Under tackle/clothing/eyewear. Some of my friends also wear Maui Jim,H2o optics, and Mako. Mako's are made in aus.

Used Bolle,Mako,Raven and now use $30 el cheapos because I can drop em,stand on em,scratch em,lose em and it's no big drama.They seem to polarise just as well as and fit comfortably. Promised myself I'd never spend big money on sunny's again.Stings to much when any of the above go wrong.