Thread: Line twist problems

Line twist problems

Hi guys
    As you all might know casting lures with a threadline reel causes line twist unless you use a swivel.I read an article on the Daiwa Regal series reels with a twist buster feature on them.Had to go and buy myself one so smooth and whats more,no line twist .The best investment i've ever made.

Re: Line twist problems

Sounds like a good investment. I've Lured since Jesus Played fullback for the Isrealits and never had a Twist problem. Most Lures I never use a swivel and only things like Bumperbars I use a Good ( expensive ) swivel or 2.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

adrian

hi
    sounds like a good deal . I've had line twist when first had new line put on bu after a few cast it is gone . i put it down to the way in which the line is put on the reel .

anzac

hey guys
    when i cast off and it goes under the water after about 15mins I reel it all in and it is all tangled up mostly sinker at the bottom and hook at the top is there any way of preventing this i use a swivel a small sinker and a hookthats it and i use a 4kg line

hey guys
    when i cast off and it goes under the water after about 15mins I reel it all in and it is all tangled up mostly sinker at the bottom and hook at the top is there any way of preventing this i use a swivel a small sinker and a hookthats it and i use a 4kg line
    also you guys know of a good place in brisbane preferbly close to hightgate hill to buy boats im 15 and looking for an 6-8ft tinny i already have a 2.2hp motor

G'day #Fisherman

From what you have told us I am assuming you are fishing with a paternoster rig.This type of rig is prone to tangling especialy when casting long distances.One thing you could do is ( it worked for me ) use an #Ezi-rig, this is a metal clip that moves freely along your main line. The Ezi- rig has a clip that unclips for your sinker to go through, and once completely assembled the Ezi-rig slides all the way down to your hook which is tied to your main line and makes casting easy and tangle free.This and other similar rigs are all in the Goeff Wilson complete book of fishing knots and rigs,it really is a great investment. I'ts only about $10 but it has a wealth of info.Another problem you might be having could be related to using an Alvey reel, these reels are prone to line twist and tangles due to the way the line comes off the reel. If fishing with an Alvey you should use good quality swivels preferably the ball bearing type,they cost a bit more but they really work. Another point to remember is after fishing, especially off the rocks, cut off at least a couple of metres of line off the end after every trip, this part of the line is the part that cops the most abuse (abrasion, twists and tangles ) and is a good idea to get rid of it before the next trip. As for the boat dealers in Brisbane, I cant help you there, I'm from Sydney.

Cap

ok thanks cap
    I don't use a alvey reel I use a TICA
    cheers jack

To avoid line twist in mono I use a good quality line to start with and sit it in a bucket of warm to hot water before putting it on the reel. Seems to soften up the memory and goes on nice and even.
    Cheers Luke

Hey thanks
    Luke how is the fishing going and hows the new boat?
    Or am I too early
    anyways great to hear from ya!
    cheers jack

Hey Jack,
    haven't been doing enough fishing of late unfortunately and haven't got the boat yet. Maybe a month or two more- rather pay up front than get finance. Congrats on your prize from Ausfish hey.
    Cheers Luke

My prize?
    I didn't get one did I?
    Yeah Randall has very kindly given me his motor a 2.2hp motor fantastic motor tried it out in a bucket just to check it all it needs is an impellor maybe but hey its only 50 bucks right? Save up to what? 200-400 bucks. So now im just looking for a tinny then i'll be out on the water!
    Also thinking of taking up rowing as it is the only way of getting close to the water and fish during school hours. Who know might throw a line over the side and troll!!