Thread: Lure design

Lure design

If you were to design your own lure what sort of design would you want and what depth and bouyancy would you prefer?
    Cheers Luke

Re: Lure design

luke
    2m deep would be good I have not found many this deep about the size of a mann's 10+(both small and large fish like this size) and it would have to cast well and be very high in bouyancy as in north aust. we change alot of the hooks to heavey ones or is it just me but I change manns 5+, bombers up to the 15a and some others. now when you are finished that make it a tight action and I take 5.
    have fun
    p.s. how is the new kit

Hey Krazy,
    that material is super strong. I've just finished a Barra lure with good positive bouyancy and a heavy nose with rattle installed. It's much like an invincible but not the same. Longer bib,bit deeper and a tighter action. Don't worry you'll be getting one soon
    Cheers Luke

Would you want it to twitch on big angles with one flick and would you want nose down bouyancy(+ sinking,neutral,floating. Interested because making them and want to know what people like.
    Cheers Luke

The deeper the better while keeping the body length under 65 mm. Something that'll plow at 30 foot would be good. Tight action & roll. It if ever so slowly floats that'll be a bonus.

Make one of them & I'll have 20 please. Paint em all black too!
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Gday Fitz,
    I dont mind making some for you but the 30 ft mark I think is either very good engineering or extremely good luck at 6.5cm. Though being constructive you've got me geared up and ya just gotta know I'm gonna try now. Leave it with me hard task master. Mark my words if it can be done it will be ha ha.I'll be back.
    PS you can have any colour aslong as it's black