Just finished testing the Hookhider IM8 graphite rod
    that uses their patented grip design.

See the test results and photos at:
    http://www.tackletour.com

Jack Ip
    jip@tackletour.com
    ---
    Introduction:
    An exciting new grip design brought to you by Hookhider!
    Hookhider produces a quality line of lightweight graphite baitcasting and spinning fishing rods. What makes Hookhider rods unique is their revolutionary patented grip design that allows anglers trouble-free fishing.

Re: Hookhider's revolutionary grip design

I have to say big deal. If the hooks are such a problem then take the lure off the line.

Stuart

Stuart,
    I maybe my imagination, but it seems to me that you more often than not criticise whatever you don't make/have. The string about the rod warranty leaves me wondering. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I personally think the idea is a good one. I don't know how many times I've reached into the rod locker for a rod & had to untangle hooks from another line/rod etc.
    Take the lure off? I like to leave another rod ready with an alternative lure so that I can grab it & go instead of re-tying every lure change. (which can be dozens of times in a session). This will also see your leaders disappear rather quickly if cutting & re-tying alot.

I'm not saying I'm going to rush out & buy one just because of this new idea, the rod needs to do all of the other things well for me before I even think about the hook hider extra.

Cheers,

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Fitzy, to you it may seem that I critcise alott but perhaps we see things diffrent thats all, and besides that I have seen many new designes come and go over the years such as this one. If I see something unique and its function isnt impared by its designe then thats good providing the rods performance is something to begin with. Fitzy, having said that I think its fair to say that I dont criticise other products based on the fact that I may not have built or designed it, its that you may read certain things into my posts that wernt intentianly put there. I have gone out of my way for many people over the years and can say that I very seldom put product down because at the end of the day it makes me look bad. Its just my veiw on on the matter and thats all it is no malise was intended and I dont remember putting it down I just simply said whats the big deal. Anyway mate if I said something that got on your nerve then Im sorry.

Stuart Mackenzie

No raw nerves with me Stuart, was just an observation & (you know what I'm like) gotta ask the question. I think the concept has some merit & if given the option on one of the rods I use, I may well grab one to suss it out. It could be worth your while giving it some thought. But then, you've obviously got your target market addressed with tried & true models.

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

I like it. Looks like a great idea. I don't know how it will affect the feel of the rod, and you'd have to like long handles. Many is the time I've left a rod & lure on the deck and picked up another, only to find the original gets tangled up or the lure is stuck to carpet. Don't know if it works but full credit to the bloke that thought of it.

Looks like a good idea but I always take the lure/rig off and just leave the snap on.

Mick