Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barra Lures

Re: Barra Lures

For Work around the shallows or the timbers GO THE GOLD BOMBERS.

Regards,

THE BOMBER

I am going to the Giru classic at the Haughton river this
    weekend and I have a collection of DK's snagmasters,
    ferrets& scalerazers,I"ll let you know how they go. ???

If I was heading up north to target big Saltwater Barra and was told I could take only 6 lures. I would take 6 Bombers, the big ones, 16A in Gold, Green, Tiger Lilly, Pearl and a new colour that has Prism Body with dark Green Back and White Belly.

Don't worry small fish will take them too. If you are worried then maybe take some 15A Bombers.

Other good choices are Gaden's, Nilsmaster and Mann's.

Rev.
    Rev!

http://www.geocities.com/heartland/bluffs/3583/catgifs/anicat21.gif

"Go n-ithe an cat thu is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat"

Interesting pic, see that eye, light from the flash went into the eye, back out and over exposed the film so the eye becomes white. Where was it, what water colour, looked pretty clear to me. Or was it caught in another place.
    The eye says it was in grey scale mode, tapetum in operation, either deep in the water, came up to eat the lure or in very green water with lowish light levels. That fish, if you released it, would be very heavily light shocked. The flash gives it hell. Max

Well Max,

It seems your 'theory' on optics must be flawed. Time to go back to the books as you got nearly everything wrong. #

The eyes actually look like this to the naked eye as well.

The 'over' exposure of the fish was actually acheived by the adjustment of the brightness and contrast only, after the fact, to get everything else back to normal colours and brightness. As the fish was so reflective the actual slide appeared very under exposed on everything except the fish. You can actually see some reflection on the fish around my fingers. I'll attach another photo of a fish caught in the same spot on a different day and later in the day. The second, photo was taken with the fish slightly tilted so as the flatter side was not facing direct into the camera, this made things look a bit more normal.

The fish was caught in the exact spot where the photo was taken, the water only appears blue because of the reflection of a very blue sky and the low angle of the sun, if you look at the water closer to the #boat you can seen some brown in it where the angle of reflection is different. The water was in fact varying, from a milk coffee colour to a colour that resembled coffee made only with a splash of skim milk, which was the fresher water being washed out of the creek. Visibilty into the water was only a matter of 10 inches or so.

The water was only around 1.5 meters deep and there was no real channel out of the creek and the fish were taking the lures nearer to the top of the water.

The only thing I am unsure of is that "flash shock" or what ever. In between photos she was biting my thumb and wriggling and when we let her go she swam away within a minute, but as I was unable to talk to her or interpret her thoughts, I didn't really know what she was thinking or seeing or feeling. She didn't seem to move or react to the flash at all.

Theories are good until you try to apply them to the real world.

Rev. #
    Rev!

http://www.geocities.com/heartland/bluffs/3583/catgifs/anicat21.gif

"Go n-ithe an cat thu is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat"

MaxG,

You are obviously the only one who is getting there nickers in a knot over this, great pic Rev although I am not a real art or photo critic maybe the fish was trying to interpret the meaning of life through the flash in its eye or interpret the sex of the angler who caught it by the sensing of the pulse in the said anglers fingers. As I said MaxG who give a toss and once again, great fish Rev.

regards,

THE BOMBER.

Rolcar52

I've just got back from Hinchinbrook and Townville and teh C Lure Mini Barra Pro in the Chrome "Bleeding Mullet" and the Tilsan Barra in the Jaffa Colour worked well. Also Predatak Spoonbills trolled caught a lot of Jacks and Fingermark.

HOpe this helps, all I can think of is my next trip up north.