Thread: Tica tournament 7ft 8-15lb

Tica tournament 7ft 8-15lb

Anyone used these and what do they think. I was wondering about them as the same rod can apparently be used for either overhead or spinning. Any comments?
    Cheers Luke

Re: Tica tournament 7ft 8-15lb

It is actually classified as a spinning rod. I have only seen the rod on the website and it doesn't tell you how many runners are on the rod so ??? any experience with Tica rods anyone.

Luke,

I have been using TICA rods for 12 months now and find them to be a great value rod for a off the shelf choice.
    I have 2 , OZ pro Tournament series rods, a 6foot rod 1-6 lb and a 6 foot 6inch rod 4-8lb rod , They are made up of Tc4 graphite and full sic guides,cork grips. The 6ft has 7x guides and the 6ft 6 has 8x guides. I have seen the one you talked about and it is a brutt of a rod, i am not a bottom Bouncer but could see this rod takeing on the task as a spin or overhead,rod. Also i have a couple of Tica classic rods and love them as well. I was Given one by gold Coast fishing Tackle to use in a comp and have since Bought 4 rods to use in other styles of fishing as well, My son loves them He is only 7 years though. Check out there spin reels as well.
    I was asked to try them at first but have no problem in recomending them to any angler.

Thanks Tony,
    I'll go and have a play with one I think. Thanks for the feedback.
    Cheers Luke

Luke ??? overhead or spinning did ya say??. Then i guess ya could sorta use a baseball bat ta play Cricket if ya really wanted to couldnt you .
    Not nockin the Tica but ide load overhead ta overhead or spinstick for eggbeater, simple as that.
    Cheers

Hi Volvo,
    I reckon if you were the Don it wouldn't be a problem. I guess you can use each for either in a crunch. Just wondering if they had any new secrets for doing this with a graphite rod. As far as I knew blanks bend better one way so I don't know.
    Cheers Luke