Thread: a beach inside my abu

mick

a beach inside my abu

fishing of a small beach in the burnette heads area at night, i had to move everything back as the tide came in. being dark i f**ked up and forgot my abu-6000 the tide came over it. i found it in waist high water by walking around for 45min and eventualy stood on it. i am pleased to announce she has made a full recovery. my alvey also took a bit of water and sand on board but it only took 15min to clean as opposed to 5 hours spent stripping and rebuilding the abu twice. what is the best fluid to use to clean the drag washers.

Re:  a beach inside my abu

Geeeeezaas!!

You lucky mongrel!!
    A tatts ticket is in order there!

Seriously, give the drag a going over with petrol and leave the washers dry. Adding lubricants seems to make ABU drags worse.
    You could do a lot better by purchasing some of Jack Erskine's "Smoooth" drag washers.
    I've added some to2 of my ABUs and the drag is unbelievably better. (this is not an ad )

Make sure you get all that salty stuff out!!

Cheers, Slates

Well done Mick,you must be very patient!I once dropped a Daiwa Millionaire 6HM in the water,and no matter what I did to it,it was NEVER the same.So I pumped it full of oil,took it to Cash Converters,got $85 for it(only paid $120 for it a couple of years previously)and laughed all the way home!I hope you didn't buy it ! I think if it had been an ABU,I would have paid the extra attention too,but anyway................
    Until next time...

Mick, white spirits / Lighter fluid for washing your drag washers mate.
    I also fitted the jack Erskine drag washers in me 7000 But i rubbed a little lanolum oil into em with me fingers and then wiped off with cloth. So far so good .
    My reels et stipped and cleaned aprox every third trip, know its a little overboard but what the. Fills in time and keeps me reels in top nick ey.
    By the way Pats got some smooties if your after some ey.
    Cheers

mick

thanks everyone. they are dam good reels. and i will be investing in new drag washes cause mine are stuffed. will be stripping her again, it got a drowned from the spray over the weekend.