Thread: Okuma Reels

Okuma Reels

Hey what is going on!
    Just a quick question for the people out there. I am in the market for a new reel, my local shop said that they r the best thing since sliced bread. But they r so cheap!!!! Can anyone help me i want something that will last yet wont cost me a packet! if these okuma reels r as good as they r suppose to be im more than happy to buy one but i would like your opion please. take it easy jesper

Re: Okuma Reels

I have one of the okuma overheads have had it for 12months and have had no problems and find it good to use I dont think they are as good as shimano or diawa but at the price they seem great I would recommend one to anyone.
    have fun

Hey krazy
    i think that i will just buy one i can't justify that xtra money for the better known brands! plus only as i am very green at fishing i don't think that i will notice the small difference in quality! and more importantly i don't think that shimano or daiwa will help me catch more fish!!!!!!
    thanks
    jesper

dont tell me the that the dearer gear will not catch anymore fish it is the only reason I can come up with to spend all my money

Krazy at the moment i couldn't use a handreel but i have to start somewhere! some im just after the best advice im sure most fisherpeople can justify that xtra bit of cash for better quality gear, im just saying that i won't know the difference.
    jesper

Jesper,
    I recently bought an Okuma Coronado 90 series baitrunner.
    I'v had it four months and have had no problems at all.
    Feels great, works well and was $80 cheaper than its rival. Obviously can't vouch for its longevity yet but it has a 5 year warranty.
    Regards
    Bugman

I recently picked up an Okuma Metaloid 30 for bream spinning. It is practically identical to the Shimano Stella but at a fraction of the cost.
    I spoke to one tackle store in Mackay last W/E and they said they had sold heaps and had no problems.
    Some other better known fishing identities don't like them because they are made in asia and don't have the word PENN on them but I think they are great value for money. For around a hundred bucks they are definately worth a go.
    Stu.

Jesper,
    Just found a site on another post that does a test on the Okuma.
    Check it out at www.tackletour.com
    Stu.

Jack_Lives_Here

Been using an Avenger 30 for my bream spinning for about 1year now. Even spun up some Mac Tuna on 8lb spiderwire - tested the drag for sure.
    Using one of the larger Avenger 80 model for larger work. Haven't been able to give it a decent work out yet but come September at Hinchinbrook - lookout