Thread: Rod Building

Rod Building

I am looking to start making some of my own rods, but have never tried it or seen some one do it before, only seen stuff in magazines. Do anyone know of any good instructional books and how much it would set me back to get started with just the basics. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Matty

Re: Rod Building

Matty, Ian/Barra Miller has brought out a good mag on Rod building and its deep enough for you to get started.
    Also if you wanna get a little deeper Dale Clemmens has a couple of books out on Rod Building, weaving, butt Wraps and some ideas for basice building tools.
    Check out your local Bookstore/Newsagency and see if they cant get em in for you.( just quote the Aurthors and they shouod be able ta find em on their computers/suppliers)
    Ive got em all and can recomend em too you.
    Cheers
    Any probs send me an E-mail or PM.

Thanks alot Volvo.
    That will get me started.
    I'll let you now how I'm going later.

Cheers, Matty

Matty,
    Try looking at www.leapinbass.com & www.mudhole.com I'm sure you will find some helpful info on these sites
    regards
    DR.

Thanks DR
    The mudhole website is just what I was looking for.

Cheers, Matty

How ya going Matty?In Fishing world magazine every month,there is a column titled"Rod Builders' Workshop".I don't build rod's myself(no time,too bl...y lazy!),but it is an excellent info source by Casey van der OOver (hope that's right,apologies if it's not!) or Steve Ross.Maybe,if you write to them,they will personally answer you,or publish their "recipe" for the rod you request / require. All the best.
    Until next time...

Take a look at the rodbuilding.org and rodguild.com sites. They are the most comprehensive rod building web sites available.

Thanks a lot boys

Cheers, Matty

Hey
    how did you go with your quest with rod building information. im in the same boat i would like to build my own custom rods but havn't had and success in finding good info. what was the best stuff around and what do you recommend!
    cheers
    jesper

G'day Jesper,

To be honest with you, I haven't really had much time lately to find much information because of school exams. But most of the sites reconmended above are pretty good and I went down to my local tackle shop, although they didn't know too much about the subject, you might have more luck around your area.

Cheers, Matty