G'day Adrian,

I have some info on my webpage that you might find helpfull
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

fatman

Re: Live bait tanks

Hi,
    I got one of those el cheapo plastic storage boxes from Go-Lo ($13) ,put a 360 gph bilge pump in the corner ($18) and run some 19mm hose up and across the top on the inside, drilled a few 5mm holes in the pipe so the water sprays out across the top of the water. I held the pipe in place with tool clips and hot melt glue.
    Whole thing for under $40
    cheers]
    FATMAN

CHRIS_aka_GWH

adrian,
    as non-powered live bait holders go, I got a flambeau brand product from the tackle warehouse thats brilliant for small live baits. Its a wedge shaped holder about 60cm tall with a built in handle at the tapered end & a trap door on the side. When it stands upright (inside the boat motoring between spots) the bottom half holds water. The top half & trap door have vents. The idea is when you get to the fishing spot you put it overboard with a short rope attached to the handle, It then floats horizontally just below the water line with fresh water flushing thru the vents.
    I have a 12foot tinny & this product has been excellent for live herring, mullet & slimies, prawns & yabbies. Their survival rate is excellent & its great cause its clears the deck when you are fishing once chucked overboard. Its drawback is its small size (only holds 6-12 decent size herring) & you just have to remember to pull the bloody thing in before motoring.
    chris

Jack_Lives_Here

Adrian,
    Went through the whole bait tank exercise some months ago. I bought an 85l esky that has 3/4" drian holes at each end. I've plumbed it with a thru hull pump to add water at intervals, and also use a KeepAlive infusor pump. The beauty about it is I can still use it as an esky and take it out when not using it.
    Last weekend had around 40 yakkas and slimies in it for around 4 hours. No fatalities - except the ones pinned by the hook and munched by mega grinners. DOH!!

adriancorrea

Thanks there guys 8)
    Much appreciated, Ill keep these ideas in mind when I make up my mind and then my next problem will be where to catch live bait lol
    anyway thanks again.
    Dave Im really interested in you idea

Tight lines
    Adrian

Hay Partner, When we heading back to our spot. I feel like giving you another lesson on how to catch a decent snapper
    Moon is good now