Thread: Tica overheads?

Tica overheads?

Hey,
    I was wondering if anyone has owned or used a tica overhead, particulary the tica sculptor. I'm thinking of getting a sculptor and just want to find out a little about them,
    Cheers stein

Re: Tica overheads?

I've got a little CT100 Caiman and when you look inside it's as strong or better than a Calcutta. So far no problems

Have you seen or played with a Sculptor yet? #If not I recommend you run to your local store that carries them and try it out, then come back and order it online.

I just got my Sculptor a few weeks ago. #I have not used it on the water yet, not even spooled yet, but anyway, there are a few things that I don't like about it.

But like Davo said, the Caiman is pretty damn nice! #TICA makes some good and some not so good things.
    I will test and write a full report on some TICA spinning and baitcasting reels soon.

Jack Ip
    TackleTour.com
    http://www.tackletour.com

Hi Vans,

I have had a Tica Sculptor for over a year and before I purchased I would consider what I was fishing for if you are going to be fishing for bread and Butter type species such as Bass, Bream, Flathead etc this reel is a gem however if your chaseing hard fighters in dirty country with any size about them I would give the sculptor a miss. I used the Sculptor at the Faust dam fishing comp in Oct last year after 6 Barra of a meter plus this reel absolutely blew to pieces. Have had it rebuilt now but it is only good for bass etc these days as I said great reel for the average fisho but for the top dollar you have to pay I think you can do better with another brand. Oh by the way I do have other Tica reels all spin type and they are excellent. If you want some advice speak to Russell at Browns Plains tackle in Brissy he saw the damage to the reel and did the rebuild.

PS have included of the type fish we were catching.

Regards,

THE BOMBER

;)Re: Tica overheads?

Hey bomber
    do ya have any photo's of georges 118 to show what a chronarch can handle.
    catch ya george

Your champion john.
    We southerners can land the QLD barra A

Hey George,

Have heard about the guys in the old movie theatres that wear those silk gloves(need to bag you about something after John posting that pic)

Regards,

THE BOMBER

Bomber
    Get back on ya catfish poling platform. .Did you get the private message i sent you ???Re prossy and the faust comp.
    cheers biggin
    PS did you ever release that plastic video.??

Hey BG,

No never did get your private message re faust, yes we did and it has done quite well will be working on another over the next few months.
    Don't tell me your message board isn't working again was told it was fixed.

Regards,

THE BOMBER

Hi Bomber,

Have sent 2 private messages, I hope you received them today. How much is your plastic video? Also what does it entail?

Enjoy
    George