Thread: Baitrunners

Baitrunners

I am looking at purchasing a couple of new baitrunners in the next few weeks and was wondering what the general concensus is on the best brand.

I currently have a Shimano 4500 and find its great while out in the bay but its a bit big to use around areas like the Pin. I had a look at the Okuma series and they had one which is a better size for what I need.

Does any one know if they are a good product or know of a different option. ??? ???

Cheers,

Dominator.

Big_Kev

Re: Baitrunners

Dom I have an Okuma CD90 which is bigger than the 4500,
    Seems to be quite alright and the quality is OK .
    Probably not as good as the Shimano but cheeper option with a better 5yr warranty.
    It has proven to be a bit of a mongrel to cast for any distance but can be achieved once the knack is worked on .
    Otherwise the Teca Sporterra gets good press from those who have them I am led to believe.
    Cheers Kev

If the 4500 is too big there is always the 3500. I have a 6500 and find it very good.

Clutter.

Dom,

I use an Okuma EB30 for my bait fishing at the Pin - excellent reel, great drag, very smooth indeed.

afro

wack some 30lb braid on a 6500 and you'll have the ultimate bust up machine.
    Cheers. Justin

Well boys I gave in to the urge last night and went and purchased a new Okuma EB 30.

Considering the size, the fact it has 10 ballbearings, a 5 year warranty and a slightly cheaper price tag I thought it was the best option. I even bought a new 8ft Snyder Glass rod to go with it.

Every time I go into one of those stores I'm like a kid in a lolly shop, I just can't help my self.

Thanks for the tips, I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

Dominator.