Thread: OKUMA EPIX

OKUMA EPIX

Has any one out there in Ausfish used or seen a okuma epix in 50-60 size range.Looking to put one on 7 foot 6-8 kg spinning rod.Have Penn 650 at presant.It's robust but lacks the speed of a TSS4 or the epix 60.Will be filling it with 14-20 pound braid.
    cheers george.

Re: OKUMA EPIX

Thanks John.
    Do they offer a good warranty???

Hi George.

I saw a Okuma Epix EBS60 on Saturday and I own and use an EBS30. Great reels, very smooth in all depts and the 5 year warranty is hard to beat. Mine gets a hammering in saltwater conditions but with proper care it has never had a problem (care is wash in warm soapy water, rinse then liberal sprays of Inox in the right places).

I'm thinking of putting this model (EBS60) on a Wilson Live Fibre spin stick later this year if I get an opportunity to go north to the Gulf.

Well Well george epix I remember you saying only shimano
    I to dont know what the daiwa warranty is like they make the gear to last
    but I too have been looking at a high speed reel if I was going 50-60 size I would go with daiwa as even though the epix are high geared the small bail arm wont make them as quick as the Tss4 or the epix esf80 I am trying to choose between tss4 epix80 and penn 850-950 , penn will go the time but like a truck to use tss4 no longer make the current model there is a new one coming out epix look the goods sealed bearings and drag but 10bb are a few to many in the salt for my liking but I do like them about $199 same price as the new tss4 I am told have seen both cheaper current model tss4 $154 I dont know, if I could find a epix 80 in town here I think I would buy it. if you are after speed check the line retrieveal rate ie 1.2mtrs not the gearing.

Hi Krazy

Got rid of the tss4 because it wobbled like a bugger, very unbalanced. Have seen an epix 40 size after 3 months solid use at the cape. Still smooth,still looks good.

ps been pretty good, don't think I've cheesed many people off this week. The wife has gone mad with putting on photo's in the competion. She has finally worked out how to scan under 100kb.

John has ordered more koolabungs.

Cheers
    George

Krazy- obsessive one
    .What do Daiwa have in their stable to suit .Want a fast/high speed retreive[poppers/slices and the like.
    The capricorn 2000 and 2500 are preforming well. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif].
    cheers george.

george
    TDX6000HIAU 12BB+2RB 5.7:1 470/20, 320/30
    that would do the job only one problem about $550us

but the other one that I like is the daiwa emblem x 5500 122cm retrieve per turn(120cm for the epixefs80)with 5:1 gearing.It features Daiwa's anti-backlash system, twist-buster line roller and an infinite anti-reverse. 270m of 10kg
    and good to see you getting rid of that shimano stuff

Krazy

do you know how heavy the Emblem X model em-x 5500a 4 ball bearing. #Had to much bundy & really thinking of going to the dark side, Daiwa. #If I buy one it can rest next to my 2 capricorns. #Don't make me give up my boga's #

Big George

george
    23.6 oz's
    http://www.daiwa.com/tackle/reels/spin-sw/emxa/
    have a look think they are about $320 but I am told they are great reels

Hi Laeith.[ the obssesive one]
    I can get one for $240 with my discount[loomis $60 rebait] Bought one this morning.Don't tell anyone [john/fitzy ect] that i've gone over to the daiwa side.Hope my stradic/calcutta/TLD's and 3x chronarchs don't get their nose put out of joint.The two capricorns and the other emblem x will be happy.If they mate we might end with some fantastic reels. # #
    cheers george.