Thread: Spin stick blank for plastics.

Spin stick blank for plastics.

Does any one out in Ausfish land know of a good 6"-6".6' ft blank to use for 3-4 inch plastics.Have daiwa Capricorn 2500 reel to use on it full of 14 pound Fireline.Prefer graphite.
    cheers george

Re: Spin stick blank for plastics.

have a look at www.blackdiamondrods.com.au.
    have only heard good things about them.
    they have a sale at the moment and the prices are pretty good
    cheers

Have a look at the strudwick range as there blanks are of exceptional quality, in particular the BWS 6' 6kg blank or the BWS 7' 4kg (or anything in the strudwick range). This blanks are sensational for casting soft plastics. It has much the same chararistics as G loomis for a much lower price and it's Australian Made.

Good luck

G'day George
    Baught a stick not long ago called a PROCYON made by Daiwa, model no PC661MHRS. Its 6'6'' long, cork grips, fuji reel seat & alconite guides. Top build quality & a pretty good buy at about $140 ( may be less but I can't remember) Got a fast action & loves to cast 1/4 to 1oz lures with 14lb fireline!

Chris

There's always the Samurai blanks
    http://www.fujitackle.com.au/samurai.htm

A Kiwi company called Composite Developments are getting a pretty good reputation. I've heard that they are manufacturing blanks for Strudwick.
    http://www.cdrods.co.nz/

I have just finished building a Samuri S001. Its only rated 1-2Kg but its a top blank and I think the heavier ones are just as good.

Also just bought a couple of Forcast 2-3kg blanks from the Black Diamond sale. They seem like a pretty good blank for the money. Have to see how they are when they are finished.

Cheers

Jethro 8)

Thanks Guys.
    Talked to Richard Hilton of Pacific comps last week.I'm building a 6'6" on one of his blanks. Rated at 6-8kg.Has plenty of power and a fast taper.Hope to take some photo's of some barra /jacks come sep/oct when we fish Faust and the creeks around prossy.
    cheers george. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Big George
    ??? Any more details on the blank that you will be using? Is it one from the current line up or something else. Very curious.

Cameron

Howdy Cameron.
    The blank is 6.6'' altragraph 3000.6-8 kg rating normally 5'10".Will be using it to toss 1/4-1/2 oz jigs with 3-4 inch single tails and shads with 14 pound fireline on a capricorn 2500..The length makes it slower in the action,which sould help with casting.Making the rod up tomorrow.Will let you know how it turns out.Still like the loomis 756 crankbait to make into a similar plastics stick[blank $180].May still strip the756 baitcaster an toss plastics with it as threadline rod..
    cheers george.

Quote Originally Posted by DR
    have a look at www.blackdiamondrods.com.au.
    have only heard good things about them.
    they have a sale at the moment and the prices are pretty good
    cheers
    Hey guys,
    Just letting you know it's "www.blackdiamondrods.com" (not .au). It won't work if you have the au.
    Just letting you know,
    Cheers,
    Angelo