Thread: TREBLE RELEASE FOR LURES

TREBLE RELEASE FOR LURES

SEEN AN ARTICLE ABOUT A GISMO THAT YOU CAN USE TO ATTACHE YOUR TREBLES TO YOUR LURES WITH AND WHEN YOU GET SNAGED INSTEAD OF LOOSING THE LURE IT RELEASES UNDER CERTAIN POUNDAGE HAS ANY ONE USED THESE OR KNOW WHERE I CAN GET SOME TO TRY OUT

CHEERS GARY

Re: TREBLE RELEASE FOR LURES

Gary, are they called chinese made split rings

lol rob

u guys are so mean i'm gonna tell my mommy

Trent_Butler

Hi Caveman,

The treble release rings you are after are called Ultimate Lure Saver Titanium R/S. They are basically oval shaped titanium spilt rings that are designed to snap open and release the snagged lure (minus the trebles). They are available in three different release ratings which you obviously match up to the breaking strain of your line. I am sure that if you approach your local tackle shop and ask them to contact Shipton Trading Company, they can order a couple of packets for you.

If the guy at the counter looks a little dazed when you mention this item, tell him there was a product review done in his Australian Fishing Tackle Retailer magazine # 9, page 23.

Hope this helps.

Trent

certainly puts a new spin on catch and release of fish like the cranky monsters at faust that nearly pull the wire inserts out of the dk's scalerazas we used last year(i did say nearly dave ).

thx trent i actualy found the same article you mention but thx very much have you used them at all

Trent_Butler

Caveman,

No I haven't had the opportunity to use the rings yet. Might see if I can sneak a couple up to Weipa in November to put them through their paces.

Trent.

When will you be in Weipa? Rob & I are heading up for a week as well.
    Leeann

Trent_Butler

Leeann,

We head off for a week with Dick on Eclipse from the 13th Nov. Then, when we get back Steve Booth and I will stay around Weipa for 5 days or so for "work" returning around the 25th.

Trent