Thread: WANT new reel!

WANT new reel!

Dear fellow tackle gatherers
    Have a new Strudwick 6 foot 1-3kg for my kayak and lizard chasing. Currently using a Diawa Regal 1500 - beautiful weight and size in the hand but finding the drag very average - one notch not enough, two notches too many ???
    Looking for something with a far superior drag system but still in the size and weight range of the diawa
    Comments on the stradic 1000, 2000fh, diawa capricorn 1500 or anything else for that matter would be greatly appreciated
    PS - using braid at 3kg lighter the better
    Thanks folks
    Scroman

Re: WANT new reel!

You should go for one of the smaller models in the tica range. I forget the name of the better one, but on egood thing about these reels, is their drag system is very good. You should get about a 5yr warranty on them to.
    Cheers, Brett

gday mate
    i have got a abu agenda ag2f / ascent as2f. both are bloody good reels with good drags. i run 10lb braid on both of them. i picked mine up for about 50-60 bucks. that long ago i cant really remember. still seen them about though.
    cheers anyfish

I have a couple of Diawa Regals 1500 and have never had an ounce of trouble with the drag. Have you pulled it apart to clean the washers at all?

clutter

you can pick up the abu agendas at Amart all Sports

Cheers Brett