Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50lb line......which one?

Johnny_Rotten

50lb line......which one?

G'day all,I've just purchased a Senator 9/0,and now need to spool her up .looking for a bit of info,and your opinions as to which brand to use....I'm confused ???
    I will be fishing landbased,ballooning for sharks,and want a 50lb line to suit......not sure where to start .
    Thanx in advance

Re: 50lb line......which one?

big reel where is snappa for this one

If your going to load that size reel up, why not go the full hog, put some cheap 50lb on first then load her up with 80lb braid.
    Youll never regret it.
    regards

lol rob
    johnny id be fillin it up with penn 10x.then again i fill everything up with penn 10x
    cheers scott

go for Harro's Bionic Braid in 50lb, the guys might call you a sissy with your girly pink line, but they'll be whinging like cut cats when your pullin in the big fish

Tim

Platipus Platinum

Johnny_Rotten

what are your thoughts on Ande ??? and Pretest ???,heard that they are pretty good in that line class

braid braid braid I like to use 65lb tufline but each to there own

Go the Spiderwire Stealth!!!

Give me a yell if you want some
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Heath,
    You got that braid on the live fibre yet?

Clutter

Heath,

Could you please give me some more info on the Spiderwire Stealth against using braid.

I have not heard of Spidewire Stealth.

Thanks

Scubapro

Big_Kev

I was advised Berkly Trilene for my overhead but haven't had the fish to test it out yet.
    But I will wait patiently(damn fish).
    Cheers Kev.

I used Platipus Platinum but found it went chaulky after a while,I now have my eggbeaters spooled with Daiwa Crystal Clear,it's proving to be a fair line for me.Recently my mate spooled up with Berkley Iron Silk (interlocking copolimar)he reckons this stuff is brilliant,so smooth going over the guides he can hardly feel it,only one draw back......the shity orange colour.

i like to use fireline for all types of fishing i have 1 overhead spooled with 20 pound fireline and another spooled with 30 pound fireline. i also have an offshore rod with 50 pound fireline on it. i like to use fireline cos it has very little strech if any and this makes it easy to feel the bites when u r fishing in deep water

imported_admin

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeke
    go for Harro's Bionic Braid in 50lb, the guys might call you a sissy with your girly pink line, but they'll be whinging like cut cats when your pullin in the big fish

Tim
    Yep, would go 50lb Bionic, not just because I sell it but because I use it and love it.

Although it is rated at 50lb tests on the current stock are showing that it is breaking at around 70lb +.

More info on Harros's Bionic Braid can be found here.
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/harro

Or go to the Man himself http://www.harro.com.au