Thread: Threadline for plastics.

Threadline for plastics.

Hi guys
    Looking for good thready for casting plastics at bream.Use 4 pound fireline and 1/16-1/8 jigs.Willing to spend up to $300.Have a Daiwa emblem x in 1500 and 2000.
    cheers george.

Re: Threadline for plastics.

i dont know if this helps but i am a big soft plastic fan!!! especialy squigies.. i mostly fish the fresh water so the rod may not suit bream but there are diffrent sizes in the series..i use a daiwa (abs) 6'combo model:as-602ml which is fitted with a sweepfire 2500 reel and is pre spooled. but i use berkley fire line 8 pound.. they are available at k-mart for $74.99 as i said there are bigger and stronger in the series but worth a look .. verry strong an reliable.. hope it helps

I use a Daiwa Regal Z 1500 but will purchase a Daiwa Capricorn 1500 pretty soon. Very good reels.

Clutter

Big george
    have a look at the diawa kastor very happy with it not the dearest reel around but mine lives in the car it has got many sooties and 1 barra so far very smooth and nice to use

try and get urself a Shimano Stradic 1000 or 2500.. rare as hens teeth.. will set you back around $239.. but typically the best around... ive used the kastors, daiwa tdz's and shimano stellas and all the top of the line gear.. for the price and the features, u wont find anything better then the stradics especially if they are setup on a well balanced rod.. they also come with 2 identical spools.. so u can have 4 and 6lb or 2 spools of 4lb fireline.. one in flame the other in smoke.. choice is up to you

Tim

Hi George, there are plenty of brands around, Daiwa, Tica and Shimano are probably the pick of them. The Daiwas seem to have a large diametre spool than the others, which should give them more distance, but can also cause more loose loops with light braid. I use a Regal X 1500, A Shimano Stradic 1000FH and a couple of old Abu's.
    If you are fishing racks and heavy structure, the bigger 2000 or 2500 series will give you better line retrieval rates, but may be a bit heavy for your slim build.
    What Blank do you use for light Bream work???
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

;DRe: Threadline for plastics.

Hi Dale.
    Use a 6 and #6.6" blank i import from the US.[2-3kg].A #more power in the butt than a O2 samuri and loomis sb700 with a lighter tip.A few of the boys on the bream circut have them.Also build a 2 pc #6.6'',7 ft rod up with a bit more power,similar to the loomis 842 .Good for a bit more distance.Cast 1/32-1/4 oz on both rods.4-6 pound fireline.Sell the rods at about $100 less than a factory loomis.Used a daiwa capricorn 2500 on top of my Loomis 756 crankbait in the creeks at prossy this year full of 14 pound fireline.Preferd the older emblem x reel.going to sell the reel now for $250.Looks like new.Also have a new 2000 capricorn that i'll put on the foresale list.$250.
    cheers george.
    PS. will the barra impoundment video be out for chrissy

Hey George,
    I use that S007 Samurai for just about anything, including Spinnerbaitin' Bass and Rubberin' Flatties. I fished with an SJ6400 for a few years now, and love that little rod. I lashed out and got a Bream Buster Finesse earlier this year, and it makes a good bream rod, but is ideal for chukken little poppers at bass.
    Randall has a fair bit of editing to do before the video is out, he has to pick between all the fish I caught, and find the dialogue that he can use with a "G" rating.
    When you comin' to Brissy to go perch fishin' with us mate?
    Dale

Hi dale
    Have a bloke from work taking binloudon for a run friday for $7500, very keen .May be brissy for a new boat when i sell it, or when you invite .. 8).The minister for war and finance wants me to buy the stessle.
    cheers george.

The invite is always there George, as long as She Who Must be Obeyed agrees.
    Dale

Hi Dale

She who must be obeyed, actually it is he who must be fishing... Have some relatives up your way so may be willing to bring him up next year, which isn't to far away. Easter time, wouldn't mind having a go at the fish park, Kate & I may even out fish Will & Big George (it has happened before). Do you have any information on it. All I know is that it is near you somewhere, Bli Bli (Auzzie Fishing Park).

Looks like we are changing back to a Stessl edge tracker, well I hope so, Hornets sting to much

Cheers
    Big Al
    (Big George's Minister for finance)
    [smiley=gorgeous.gif] [smiley=gorgeous.gif] [smiley=gorgeous.gif] [smiley=gorgeous.gif]

Hi Big Al,
    The park is at Bli Bli which is on the Sunshine Coast between Maroochydore and Noosa. I haven't been there, but I've heard there are some good fish available. They are releasing a big mutha for a comp to be held up there soon. The Sunshine Coast is a bit like Dubbo, 'cept with perfect weather, beautiful beaches and tourists. Tell George he must see Granite Bay if you get to Noosa. There is some awsome White Pointer fishing there.

Dale

George, get yourself up here mate!!! Would love to share a boat with you on the water sometime.

I have two rods built from the Samuri blanks that I use for Bass to bream and trevs, queenies or just about anything we have here in SE Qld. I love em!!
    I use Okuma reels. Best kept secret around these days. I also have a diawa regal X.

See you latter buddy.
    Randall.

IMHO, one of the best small spin reels going, especially for light work are the Daiwa Capricorns. A little thing called Airbail gives them an edge over anything else.
    Also check out the TiCA range. Some good value for money in them. Have borrowed a few of these & they worked well. http://www.ausfish.com.au/tica/

Cheers,

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Thanks fitzy.
    the new capricorn reels are not made in japan.bummer.
    cheers george.