Thread: Fish Finder!

Fish Finder!

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping to purchase a Fish finder for my hubby for xmas and would appreciate any advice! He's just bought a tinny that we will mostly use for local rivers ect. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Kris [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Re: Fish Finder!

lowrance x51 is a great sounder for the price good screen and not to dear I believe anything less is a toy.

Thanks very much for the tip!

The X51 is around the $350 mark I believe. These are made by Lowrance. The other major manufacturer is hummingbird. As with all things, you get what you pay for. I think you can get sounders for under $300 and they will certainly tell you how deep the water is, but the X51 is regarded as very good value for money. Your husband will need to have a battery in his boat, of course, and he will also have to have a bit of DIY nous to install it.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

aquarius

Yep the X51 Lowrance sounder is great value for the money....i bought one and find it user freindly and with a pixel count of 160 by 240 the screen definition is superb.
    A good alrounder for river estuary and bays.
    Cheers Brent