Thread: SHIMANO TLD 200

SHIMANO TLD 200

HAS ANY ONE HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THESE REELS HOW THEY LAST WHAT PRICE THEY ARE ANY INFO WOULD BE APP

THX GARY

Re: SHIMANO TLD 200

Should that be TLD 20 or is there a new one out on the market?

Clutter

Big_Kev

Gday Garry,
    the TLD 20 are a good reel, Shimano Quality.
    Never heard any complaints apart from the length of the handle. (too short).
    Never had one myself but blokes come on my boat with em all the time.
    The TLD 200 must be a monster by comparison.
    Cheers Kev.

yeah must mean TLD 20? top reel... but then again arnt all shimano's. i have the TLD 25 and have no complaints what so ever. drag is smooth, linecapacity is good and they are reasonably light. TLD 20 will usually set you back around $300, but if you can afford a little more go for the TLD25 2 speed. makes things a little easier when fishing deep water or game fishing.

Good day Garry.I've been useing a T.L.D.20 and other T.L.D reels for years and never had a problem with any of them.I have been looking in the latest Mo catalogue and they have them for $345 for T.L.D.20 and $359 for the T.L.D.25. and as a comparsion the T.L.D.20 two speed is $539 worth every bit of it though.Good fishing.

Big_Kev

With the MO takle you can get them down on that price a little bit more if you put the pressure on as well.
    Cheers Kev

thx guys u r prob right about the size as it is about the same size as a abu 6500
    so $55 is ok for it and a rod second hand

Gary ya thinkn of the tr 200 model i think. nothing in common with a tld other than they are made by shimano, at that price with a rod its not worth arguing over

If you are talking about the TLD20, I honestly reckon the Penn 245LD is just as good.

Having both reels, I can honestly say, I can not see the $90 or so difference between the reels.

Infact the PENN 245LD carries a 5 year warranty against the Shimano which has 12 months.

But as far as the TLD20 goes, a reliable reel [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

thx heath i already have a 245 that i got a while ago for $99 brand new