Thread: baitrunner

baitrunner

Looking at purchasing a new small baitrunner had a look at a Okuma BF20 &30 for about $100. Has anyone used one? They come in three modules 5 &10 ball bearings and stainless drive module. Price is $100, $200 and $130 respectively Don't have a prefernce, just want to get value for money! Anyfeedback would be great!

Re: baitrunner

I have the EB30 (10BB model). Can't fault it.
    I got it for $135 from a Sth Aust mail order place.

I have a Coronado 30 for just over 2 years now & never had a problem with it. I not to happy with the alloy handle as it gets slippery when wet, I might try to replace it with a rubber one if I can find one to suit.

The bait feed really works well. I have caught quite a few big bream by letting them run first before strinking, usually they hook themselves.

I am sure you won't be disappointed, especially as they come with a 5 year warranty. Good value for the money.

Scubapro

Thanks guys, they look like a good deal. But you never really know until you get them on the water. Looks like a early xma present for me tis year!

i have used a few different baitrunners and i still think its hard to go past the shimano's.. sure they cost a bit more but worth every cent. penn also make a very nice B/R.

aquarius

Im with Jeffo.......If ya want quality and reliability you can,t go past a Shimano baitrunner!!!!!!!!!!
    Smooooooooth drag
    Cheers Brent

Thanks guys, already have two shimano's 3500 & a rare 3000 looking for somethnig a little lighter in weight to match with light estuary rod I know you can't go past shimano quality would be great if they produced 2500 again!! Great sized reel - 3500/3000 is just a little big for what I have in mind.

Barrymundi

Rumour from a good Tackle Rep is the 1500 and 2500 will be back in the market SOON

aquarius

Gee Alan hope that rumour is correct because i will definately be purchasing one.
    LargeLzard i see your point about the 3500 being a bit heavy for a light spin stick.......fingers crossed they do release the 2500 soon mate.
    Cheers Brent

hmmmmmmmm
    1500 baitrunner now your talkin'
    fingers crossed
    dazza

would be nicer to see them bring back in the tss3's and TLD5 and TLD10... but i supose the B/R is a start.

hi all.....i'm new to this so please excuse any stupid questions....but is a bait runner a type of reel?

Gorilla_in_Manila

uk_dabbler, yep same as threadline or eggbeater reel.

Boy, for a 32 yr old who was born to fish, you must have had a sh!t load of work on!