Thread: Fishfinder Advice!!!!

Fishfinder Advice!!!!

Hi All,
    Can anybody help me????? I have a Humminbird wide 100 on my tinny. I am wanting to upgrage it to a better model, I have been looking around and been a bit bamboozled by the amount of models. My budget is around $600 and have decided between the Eagle Fish Mark 320 and the Furuno LS-4100. Most of the shops that I have been to said the Furuno was a better model, but after reading some of the online reviews I'm not so sure, the Furuno got a bit of a bagging actually. Just wondering if any Ausfish people have either fishfinder, or any other advice thy could share with me, thanx heaps guys......Dave!!!

Re: Fishfinder Advice!!!!

Furuno.................end of story.

That's my opinion anyway.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Eagle 320 fishmark,

The begining of many good stories.

why not have a look at a x51 lowrance i have just fitted one for a mate and find it to be a top unit with plenty of good features .if you shop around you can pick one up for $312.00 with a 200khz transducer or a x87 with 200khz trans .for around $520.00 i havethe later and find it to be very good. i found the only problem was the size hole req.to fit the transducer apart from that iam real happy. merv

Hey fullysick
    Have a look at all units and decide for your self my opinion would be to have alook at the new Matrix sounders which seems to be way head of the rest with technology.
    Cheers Greg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

Have a look at the new matix sounders from humingbird. great place to start. because u can upgrade the unit with bits and pieces as u can afford it.
    like gps , it just plugs in ( the arial ) the unit is gps ready. affordibly priced as well!
    then it realy gets ughly

I have the matrix25, GSP add on, PC connection kit to make it easer to up load GPS plots. I have several GPS files on my PC. Morten Bay, north coast, Jumpin pin ect. Just takes 2 secs to up load the file I need for the area I'm going to. Plus I have the barometer too. The unit is great. The GPS section lets me see from the normal plan view, but also can have an isometric view, from above and behind. This makes it a lot easer to see were you have been when trolling. split screen as well depth and GPS. plus lots of other goodies ....... go look at one

Ohh I plug my unit into my Garmin 126 to get the GPS signal

i just bought a lorrance X51 and found it easy to use and cheap ($300) tip 4 new sounders when u first get it fitted go out with a piece of pvc pipe with some glass on one end look thru the pipe in to the water so u can see the bottem and how it relates to what the sounder shows on screen, much easier to get your settings just right 4 you than reading the manual 900 times and having a guess. take note on how sandy bottem shows up and how rock or reef shows up. it's surprising how many people with sounders cannot actually tell what is on the bottem. hope it helps
    tight lines

Fullysik,

I have the screen unit for a Hummingbird Wide Optic that may or may not work with your transducer. Great display unit. I don't have the transducer because it went with the boat on an insurance claim.

Your's for $70 if you want it.

Bugman

Thank you everyone for your help, decided to go for the Lowrance X87, seems a reasonable unit and great resolution, will let you know how it goes.....Cheers....Dave

Thanx for all your help guys, decided to go for the Lowrance X87, good features, great resolution and fair price, will let you know how it goes, thanx heaps.....Dave!!