Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What line for TLD15?

Re: What line for TLD15?

Believe it or not the marina produces the goods if you want size.
    So far landed has been 3 blue salmon 84cm
    Heaps of sharks from 30cm to80cm (fun in my books when all else is boring)
    Stingrays up to a metre diametre
    Plus heaps more

Now the fish we have missed have been alot larger, we have seen gt's over the metre mark swimming under some of the small sharks we pull in. Plus large sharks following them in. Heaps of stuff like that and the good thing is that there is always shit biting. That same rod ended up getting smashed by something off maggie. Kiel was fighting it for about 45 minutes (it was obvious it wasnt going to be landed) and the rod started splitting, Kiel and Ron were holding the rod in 4 places for another 15 minutes trying to lift this thing back towards them but it broke obviously. Another thing knifey spoony was helpfull with, didnt mind moving his shit everytime this thing moved around his part of the jetty

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Bubby
    Never heard of this business of getting spooled in the marina all I heard about were black tip reef sharks...those things are annoying as hell in my books.
    You havnt fished with us for over 3 months man, there is alot you havnt heard about

I guess you've got a point there .

That same rod ended up getting smashed by something off maggie. Kiel was fighting it for about 45 minutes (it was obvious it wasnt going to be landed) and the rod started splitting, Kiel and Ron were holding the rod in 4 places for another 15 minutes trying to lift this thing back towards them but it broke obviously
    Now tell me more about this little hookup over at Maggie!...what rod?what kilo line?what bait?. Any other ooglies from the deep?

Haha i just realised i forgot to mention the rod lol. It was his 10-15 kilo rod(pretty sure youd know it, very ugly peice of work) with 30 pound mono using live herring drifting.
    This same outfit has been unable to land alot of things in the marina.

heh. 10-15 you say...that thing would have struggled with 10 let alone 15. No wonder it gave way . No big loss, cost nada, I wonder if Kiel is at the tip now looking for a replacement There is only one solution to the problem at the marina...100lb handline.

Haha yea like i said it was an ugly peice of work, but you will be surprised how much it held up to. Sometimes if a monster just stops, we thumb the spool and pull with all our weight and it held out, deffinetly worth its 15 kg. Maggie was just a little too much weight for too long lol.
    100 pound handline would be the go. Ill prolly get out there again soon and when i finally land one of the monsters i shall take photos, lots of photo's

hmm I think most rods would brake under that kind of pressure. Being glass that one had that bit extra strength when you needed it, but even that has its limitations