Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which baitrunner?

Re: Which baitrunner?

Mate, I have 2 okuma baitrunners EB-30 and EB-60, I am looking to sell them both at the moment. They have both been great reels and have not missed a beat and suprisingly the drags have been pretty good, but it would not be difficult to guess what reels I am planning on buying.

Go the Shimano mate, they are simply more robust. The Okuma has performed more than adequately, but my gut feeling is the shimano was the right option, I was just a tight arse!!!

Fletch

BTW...that said, go the alvey, the beach is no place to take a threadline!

I Register here just to let you know that I choose a Shimano Baitrunner when they were first released, must be over 8 or 9 years ago now. I still use it on most of my fishing trips and have caught some great fish with it. I generally use it out on the boat floating down a pilly on gangs for snapper, or with a livey on a ballon drifting out back. It has bever been profesionally serviced yet still has one of the smoothest drags of any reel I own.

Buy one, you will not be disapointed.

DaneCross

I have an Okuma Coronado CD90, no complaints so far [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I bought a okuma efs80 about a month back and has gone well on tuna, macks,GT, and queenies seems ok also have a okuma cl450n and I have had to have the gears replaced but I do run 100lb braid and 9kg drag (yes was tested) so I think that was ok have had it for 2yrs and used it maybe 3 outof 4 weekends also the warrenty is very good and quick.

I have a 4500 baitrunner, its sic havent landed anthing crazy yet but have had some big tuna (or the likes on it and the drag was beadiful)

Get the shimmano

(just to piss DC off )

i run an okuma Epix EB80 baitrunner and hav ehad no problems with it so far, the real can stand up to some punishment also having landed 30lb cobia on 15lb gear just a few months ago. Whatever you choose shimano or okuma you will be happy.