Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying Stuff from Overseas

Re: Buying Stuff from Overseas

I regularly browse the Cabelas/Bass Pro Web Sites.
    The going price for the, Minn Kota AP 65 lb Bow Mount, is $750 US, over here in Aus there $2000 +, What's the 'Mark-up' on these items ???
    Anybody know what the frieght cost and pitfalls might be to import something like this ??

Cheers
    Craigie.

Just unpacked my first order from Bass pro, 11 Quality lures, 6 Bags of berkley powerbaits and a lindy float marker. Air mail 7 Days from the States. $120 Australian.

Can not buy this good anywhere in Australia. While the ozzy dollar's high it's time to cash in.

Thinking about a new sounder soon.

Placing another order tonight.

Macca

Hi Macca,

So let me get this right, it was only $120 for the goods, inc postage
    Credit Card purchases only ???

Cheers
    Craigie.

Thats right Craigie

$ 120 Australian including air freight. I am astounded how cheap it is.

For example
    I like to use Manns 10+ Lures, in some tackle shops and even in Kmart there as much as $ 17.00 each Au.
    But in the states I got them for $5.23 Au, buying just one lure I'm saving big bucks, add it together in one order save heaps more.

Yes you do need a credit card to purchase online but I think they do other arrangements as well like US money order.

They have a toll free number for Australian Customers.
    1800 504638

I have been buying from MO tackle for a while, I'm putting them on hold while the exchange rate is so good.

Macca

Thanks for the info Macca

I buy a bit of stuff from MO's as well, but I will be having a serious look OS now that you have enlightened me

The Toll free number certainly helps gumby's like me to find there way around. I have a Debit Card ??? ???

Now what do I want to buy first, a cannon Downrigger, a Bow Mount Electric, reels, lures .............................

Cheers
    Craig.

I'm actually visiting a Bass Pro shop in Orlando in about 2 weeks to buy a sounder and GPS. I can't wait to see what other stuff they have.

Had my first experience with warranty in regards to my sounder that I bought from the USA. Lowrance X88DF.

After an exchange of emails I've got my new transducer.
    5 days via fedex it took to get here.

Absolutly fantastic service from Lowrance USA

It was always in the back of my mind & I'm sure others as well, as too how you would go with warranty if you bought OS.

Well, I tell you what, I'm impressed & doubt I will ever buy locally again for items that I can save a heap of $$$$ buying OS from reputable manufacturers.

Interestingly, the invoice had the cost of the transducer on it for customs. $69.00 US. Here in Aus they are $300 odd. > > >
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM