Thread: Berkley Gulp

Berkley Gulp

Hi Everyone
    I was wondering if anyone has used berkley gulp in saltwater (or freshwater)? Is it any good? Im planning on dropping some down onto the artificial reefs in Darwin in the next week and was wondering if anyone has had some success? (Live bait has been hard to get with all the rain we have had!) I know they claim to be better than live bait but I'm always skeptical!
    Thanks
    TIM

Re: Berkley Gulp

Zeeke and I have used this around maroochydore and have had some success with them , just dont leave them out of the packet and keep them out of the sun. I recun nothing is better than live bait but the soft placcies are the next best thing i think .

the Berkley "Gulp!" range of soft plastic lures arent really soft plastics but a biodegradable lure that is made from natural products, they are an awesome fish attracting lure./bait but.. they are natural.. and if kept out of the packet or with the packet left open.. you'll find that in our climate theyll shrivel up and go rock hard like you'd expect from real bait.. and also.. they shrivel up and go hard fast!! like concrete and they stick to your jigheads big time.. so if ur fishing around.. make sure they are kept damp otherwise they will stick to ur jighead and u'll either loose fish.. or loose time trying to get it off and put a new one on..

Tim

i used them in the freshwater casting them at carp feeding in the shallows in the rivers and was suprrised when a 73cm carp that i landed the gulp in front of scoffed it down and took off that was a buzz

cheers gary

i hope you didnt put that carp back

Where do u get em in brisbane tried big w but there is none at the closest one to my place. Also tried the closest tackle shop and they didnt have em.