Thread: any cheap and good multiplier surfcasting sets?

any cheap and good multiplier surfcasting sets?

anyone can recomend me some cheap and good multiplier surfcasting sets?how much does it cost?

Re: any cheap and good multiplier surfcasting sets

Multiply an Alvey 650C with an MT144

That is about the cheapest, decent quality surfcasting gear you will get.

Why do you want an overhead reel for surfcasting? The only reason I can think of is if you were casting lures alot. But you need to really look after your tackle if you are taking it on the beach.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

actually i have a tld 15 which can be use for surf but it is a bit too heavy, do any shops carry penn pendulum or penn sidewinder surfcast rods?

The TLD15 is not a casting reel. There is no braking system for the spool at al when it is in freespool. Good luck if you try, but I suspect you won't be able to cast far and you will get some nasty backlashes.

The ABU7000 is a good casting reel. I have an ABU7000 with an Ugly Stik with high mount reel seat for O/H reels. I used to be able to cast lures over 80 m with this setup. I would be prepared to swap this combo (rod and reel) for your TLD15 depending on condition.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy