Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: tld20 - still the benchmark?

Gorilla_in_Manila

Re: tld20 - still the benchmark?

Tony,
    Thanks again. Couldn't see why anyone would use the low gear unless it is spooled with tow rope and you were chasing granders or something.
    Cheers
    Jeff

I've got a Tiagra 20. You think the TLD25 is a sweet reel, get your hands on one of these Tiagras. I use 65lb Spiderwire on it. It is a brute. But back to the TLD25, smooth drag & plenty of guts when needed.

JB, the TLD25, WILL handle anything you may happen to hook onto at 9mile. Thats not to say that you won't run out of line if you were at anchor 8)
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

The TLD's are defimnately tried and tested , and low gear comes in mighty handy on the real drag pushers .

Ever had a fish that you can't make ground on , and goes deep and you just want to lock the drag ????thats when the second gear comes in , allows you to work the fish slower but with more torque . Especially handy when a big marlin decides to go deep and has a heart attack at 200 m > or on big damn cod that just don't want to leave the bottom....but if most fishing is done in relatively shallow water ( i mean under 50 m ) then the 2 speed won't really come in to much use ...

Before you go straight to Shimano , check out the new Sealine range out .....some very good reels there that will put TLD's up for a good run for the money