Thread: Sinker molds

Sinker molds

Hi guys and girls,

My name is Lisa and my request is slightly off the wall! I am a glass beadmaker and am desperately trying to get hold of a surf sinker mold (the one that makes sinkers that look like smarties). It has to be aluminium, brass or stainless steel, with the finished sinker (or glass bead!) being 10 - 15 mm in diameter. Can any one help? A personal e-mail to lmcrispin@iprimus.com.au would be much appreciated. Surely someone in this wonderful fishing-crazy country can help. PLEASE.

Lisa C

Re: Sinker molds

I thought maybe a picture of what I need the finished product to look like might help. Tim has already got back to me (greased lightning) but more advice would be great too.

Lisa C

Hi Lisa, have you tried tackle shops? kmart? you can make your own but rather complicted.

Yeah, I have tried one local shop. They had the sinkers in the right shape, but not the mold and didn't really know how to go about sourcing it. They could only find source for round (marble) sinkers. I am going to try Mossops in Lismore, Kmart in Ballina and Fishing Tackle Australia in Coffs. Surely I should get one at one of those places. I don't really fancy paying $125US for a special mold that does exactly the same thing. Plus postage!

Lisa C

Lisa
    I would say the mould you are after would be for size 1 or 2 surf sinkers. I will look around today and see if I can find out who deals with them. # # # # # # Tony

Do-IT Molds do Tony.. there are some smaller mobs around.. but Do-IT molds are the biggest around

Tim

was in the coffs store you mentioned and they have a large range of sinker moulds

Lisa
    Have located a mould but it is in assorted sizes, cant find one that is going to do more than one at a time in the size you want.
    Not sure of how to contact Do it moulds. Maybee Tim can help there.
    Regards, Tony

if i remember...Jeff Frogley Agencies deal with Do-IT molds and should be able to help you if your after them Tony, Do-IT molds also make Jighead molds so if anyone is keen on making there own jigheads.. thats the place!

Tim

Thanks Tim
    I'll check them out.
    The jig head molds sound interesting too!

Regards, Tony

they are interesting.. id buy a few molds if i could afford it, but if you make 1000 jigheads.. it works out to be around 25c a jig isntead of.. $9 for a pack of 5 or so Gamakatsu jigheads

Tim