Thread: CRYSTAL POWERTIP

CRYSTAL POWERTIP

Hi Guys
    Whats the maximum line class a Crystal Powertip (model PC-561SWH) can be locked up on. On the rod it says 8-15kg but I suspect that it can handle more.
    Has anyone tried stopping big fish with 50 pound on the rod?
    Thanks

Re: CRYSTAL POWERTIP

I've got a crystal powertip in same weight div (not sure of the model no though) and I run 50lb braid on it. #Its been bent right over several times and never lost confidence in it. #Set your drag properly and keep it pointed at the fish and I'm sure it'll last forever. #
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

don't sue me if yours breaks, but I have a 701swh and have broken line over it at 7kg on the scales.

It wasn't making any horrible creaky noises, but at 7' took a fair bit of effort. I don't think I would push it any harder if only to stop myself unexpectedly sitting down on a bust off in a tinny.

That rod will take some punishment - I have the 6-10kg baitcaster which has performed extremely well with some very serious toothy critters. That's one thing about glass rods, bend then double and they still come back like new. Don't try that with a graphite rod.

Cheers, Davo.