Thread: WHATS THE GO

WHATS THE GO

I JUST GOT A NEW OVER HEAD REEL (mail order)IT WAS A
    OKUMA CLASSIC CL300L AND WAS HAVING A LOOK OVER IT ADMIREING THE WAY YOU DO WITH A NEW REEL AND #### > IF IT DON'T SAY UNDERNEATH MADE IN BLOODY CHINA
    WHERE THE OTHER OKUMA REEL SAY MADE IN SEWEEDEN DOES THIS MEAN THAT I HAVE BOUGHT CHEAP SHIT OR WHAT

ALSO CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW THE SHIMANO TR-200-G &
    THE OKUMA CLASSIC CL300L MATCH UP, WICH IS THE BETTER REEL AND HOW MUCH $$$$ THEY ARE WORTH

CHEERS GARY

Re: WHATS THE GO

i have an okuma clasic pro CL452L WENT SHOPPING WITH A MATE A FEW WEEKS AGO 3 TACKLE SHOPS AND THE EXACT SAME REEL DESIGN AND SPECS MATCHED 5 OTHER BRANDSTHAT WERE SOLD UNDER 100BUCKS :GOODOO

Re: WHATS THE GO

Mate I can't be 100 percent sure,but I don't think any Okuma reels are made in Sweeden,don't fret about the made in China bit,maintain the reel and it will last and serv you well,most of the Shimanos are made in Malaysia now as well.I have a TR 200 G and I'm not realy fused on it.If the CL300 L is the one I'm thinking of,blue/black graphite body about 3'' diameter with level wind,base model,Iwould prefer it to the 200G.You shouldn't be paying more than $139 for a 200G.