Thread: GPS & Sounder Locks now available

imported_admin

GPS & Sounder Locks now available

A unique lock that prevents theft of GPS/Marine electronics. The patent-pending lock acts as a knob, replacing one factory knob from either side of an electronics unit. It is unique to the market and offers reliable electronics theft protection.

The GPS/Depth Finder Lock comes in six models to fit the different thread sizes of the most popular marine electronics brands on the market; LowranceŽ, EagleŽ, GarminŽ, VexilarŽ, HumminbirdŽ, NAVMANŽ and FurunoŽ.

The alarming rate at which electronics units are stolen and the desire by boaters for a convenient way to protect their electronics warrants a lock like the GPS/Depth Finder Lock. The new DuraSafe electronics lock is the first of its kind on the market, taking theft protection to a higher level.

More info available at http://www.ausfish.com.au/locks/

Re: GPS & Sounder Locks now available

Steve,

What's to stop an honest thief from breaking/cutting or unscrewing the mounting bracket?

Do you need 2? One for both sides?

Wes

imported_admin

Re: GPS & Sounder Locks now available

At the end of the day if they really want it they could take the boat. But it would stop them from doing a grab and run and they would simply go on to the next boat. One would be enough as it is screwed on tight and would not be able to be slipped through the slot in the bracket. But if you want to be sure than put two on.

I will be using them in situations where I leave the boat unatended for a period of time at a ramp, beach, outside a tackle shop, servo, etc.. If the boat is out the front of your home or somewhere for a long period of time I would suggest the best method of protection would be to take them off and put them inside the house.