Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stella 10,000

Re: Stella 10,000

Well, if anyone is interested in a Stella 20000FA for $1050.00 brand new.

Let me now 8)
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

check out the Tica Dolphin. Mighty fine reel. 13 b/b smoooooth as silk and under $300, with a smaller spare spool.
    The large one holds about 500m of 50lb fins braid.
    My brother used one on the sailfish up north. no dramas at all.

Hi guys, if you are not doing deep sea jigging then you might not need a reel like that. I normally fish with 13kg drag with both my stella 20000 and saltiga 6000 and I don't think any okuma spinning reel that take that drag pressure? What do you think?

I would love to own a stella but i would also love to own $1200 to buy it
    lets get real guys, a $1200 real is not going to catch you more fish, it might be smoother but it all comes down to the fisho
    but i suppose it comes down to how much money you earn and how good you want to look with your gear?
    just a thought???

regards

JJ

Hi
    another choice for jigging and popping is Ryobi Safari 5000 #it's cheaper and durable.
    Regard

Anyone know what is up with the gearing on the Dolphin? You see the same reel listed with 3 gearings 3.3 4.1 5.2 instead of just one gearing? Are there 3 different variations of the same reel or can they change the gears.

G'day

Yep you can get the model with diffrent gear ratio and also eight diffrent spools to match.. ranging from no.15 1lb - 300mtrs to no.12 wich holds 10lb 240 metres
    i can say i have shimano's daiwa and tica and for pricing i would go tica at this point!!! casts smooth and get atleast an extra 10 or so metres compared to the others..

Cheers

Check out

http://www.ticaglobal.com/EN/AM/PR_R...s&type=SF5000#

http://www.ticaglobal.com/EN/AM/PR_Reels.htm

for more info

Hope it helps!!!

Cheers

thanks. I found it listed else where but didn't find the tica site.

For jigging the way I am thinking at the moment is to get a Penn Spinfisher Jack Erskinized. What do you guys reckon about that?

Having worked in a tackle shop I can tell you that (in general) you really do get what you pay for in fishing tackle. My stella is absolutley brilliant, and yes, while it did cost me a fortune I know that its going to perform and its going to last me a whole lot longer than any other comparable reel. Its got ten years of warranty and its re - sale price is gonna hold its own for many years to come. I also know I'm gonna be able to get parts for it for the next decade too which is a bonus, not that i'd expect to need them.
    And yes, while Okuma did manufacture some componentry for shimano, their build quality, technology and current componentry doesnt compare to that of a top end shimano or daiwa reel.
    Nothing will pull drag like a 10K stella, the only thing that comes close in performance is the Saltiga, it may even be better, I'm not sure. I have seen several TLD'S come back to the shop with the guts fried in them after one deep sea jigging session, it is a very demanding type of fishing that only a few products could really live up to.

Smithy, the spinfisher is fine for jigging. The japs trick them out to the max. I think jack does one with a much larger drag plate, it was in QFM some time back. Probably not fast enuf for popping. The others to look at are the stella, saltiga and safari.