PDA

View Full Version : getting a smooth drag.

Sean
20-07-2004, 09:18 AM
just bought a daiwa reel. have had plenty of regal-z's not a problem. didn't have quite enough this time so i bought a samurai for $70...felt nice and smooth in the shop, it wasn't untili had wound line on till i realised the drag was not so smooth....do daiwa offer a money back guarantee that you know of or is there a way I can make the drag smoother? thanks Sean :)

Jeremy
20-07-2004, 11:10 AM
I'd take it back. You risk voiding the warranty if you work on it yourself. I think Daiwa have 5 years?

Jeremy

bassfanatic5
20-07-2004, 12:34 PM
My sons have samuri 1500's for bass fishing and they have been very smooth. They feel smoother than my shimano's so i would get it checked.
Damien

Robbo_Townsville
20-07-2004, 03:24 PM
www.jackerskine.com

This guy in Cairns should be able to help you.

Coomeratackle
20-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Sean, although there is probably many things you could do to fix the problem ,change drag washers, make sure the metal washers are flat and polished and so on.
BUT..Really you shouldn't have too, you just purchased a new reel and the problem shouldn't be yours.
Like the others have suggested you should take the reel back to the shop , use the warranty.

Steve.

bakes
20-07-2004, 04:03 PM
yeh mate i agree with all these guys take it back if its brand new it shouldnt like that and it isnt your problem to deal with so take it back
8) cheers bakes

MikeC
21-07-2004, 05:32 AM
I've found reels on the shelves of tackle stores with their drags wound up tight - might've been the case with yours.
You're right about the Regal Z drags - ours have been faultless