PDA

View Full Version : Screens vS Polorized Sunnies

Black_Rat
22-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Hey :(

Have had problems with my old sounder & viewing with a set of cheep polorized sunnies. I Can't see the screen in daylight !. Is this a common problem or the screen/sunnies I'm choosing. Last sounder had a yellow/light bronze backround.
The new one has a light blue - white screen. HELP !! Any advise ?? ??? ???

trout3030
22-07-2004, 07:06 PM
is the sounder screen an LCD unit? The way polarised sunnies work they will block out LCD displays if held at 90 degrees to the display. Try it on a digital watch. Hold sunnies over the watch and rotate them around. At every second 90 degree position they should black out the screen. If your sounder is CRT screen then it shouldn't be a problem. Hope this helps.

Black_Rat
22-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Trout,
What is CRT, new screen is a Humminbird 15X (Matrix) ???
RAT !!!!!!

banshee
23-07-2004, 06:06 AM
G'day Black Rat,CRT-Cathode Ray Tube same as used in TV screen,the problem is just as bad using polaroids with these.

DaneCross
23-07-2004, 06:18 AM
Tilt your head to the side ;)

CHRIS_aka_GWH
23-07-2004, 08:17 AM
SHIT DANE - i just fell out of the boat ! # [smiley=worried2.gif] #;D

mate - wouldn't that be a wally - if a fishing company produced something that couldn't be read wearing sunnies. #
[smiley=cool2.gif] [smiley=cool3.gif] [smiley=cool4.gif] [smiley=bandana.gif] [smiley=glasses2.gif] [smiley=beatnik.gif][smiley=cool2.gif] [smiley=cool3.gif] [smiley=cool4.gif] [smiley=bandana.gif] [smiley=glasses2.gif] [smiley=beatnik.gif][smiley=cool2.gif] [smiley=cool3.gif] [smiley=cool4.gif] [smiley=bandana.gif] [smiley=glasses2.gif] [smiley=beatnik.gif][smiley=cool2.gif] [smiley=cool3.gif] [smiley=cool4.gif] [smiley=bandana.gif] [smiley=glasses2.gif] [smiley=beatnik.gif][smiley=cool2.gif] [smiley=cool3.gif] [smiley=cool4.gif] [smiley=bandana.gif] [smiley=glasses2.gif] [smiley=beatnik.gif][smiley=cool2.gif] [smiley=cool3.gif] [smiley=cool4.gif] [smiley=bandana.gif] [smiley=glasses2.gif] [smiley=beatnik.gif]

Black_Rat
24-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Yeah,

Felt like an idiot after when I said to a mate on it's inaugural test " it's not F*****n "workin, paid $300-00 for nothing, I was ropeable. After a few "are you nuts ?" from my mates, pulled off the sunnies, problem solved> :-/

Black_Rat.