PDA

View Full Version : soft plastics outfit advice

C@RLO5
16-08-2004, 12:34 PM
after hearing and reading so much lately about soft plastics i decided to go get myself a little threadline reel, which i will use on a short whippy rod i already have, now what im wondering is what type and breaking strain line should I spool the reel with,i have heard alot about braided line but have never used it, also i live in Brisbane and was wondering what types of plastics (size/colour) you guys can suggest, any advice much appreciated....cheers [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Carlos

basserman
16-08-2004, 12:55 PM
first thig is i would surgest getting a stiffer grafite rod over a whippy one as you then have more controle when casting the light jigs
as for line class i would ether go 4-6lb fireline or 6-8lb vanish (florocarbon coverd mono)
and as for plastics just get some that have a bit of a name to them like the squggies, berkleys, ecos, atomics or sliders and coulor well ::) with more coulors to chose than fish to fish for it is really your fav colour are trile and error
i'v had days when only one colour would work and some days where they would hit anything cast at them but here are some of my faves
1 purple squggie in size 3
2 2inch berkly powerbait grubs in chistmas tree
3 3inch pearlwatermelon berkly power minnow
as for jigs i will only use tywo types and they are nitro jigs and squiggy finess jigs ;D